https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 2 May 2019

Vacation To Paradise

Hi guys, well the weather here has turned back to winter, so I decided to make a 3D creation with a lovely summer theme to it, it makes me feel warm and happy when I look at it,

I made the suitcase out of some thicker hard board cut with my Silhouette Machine, then hand cut matching pieces for the insides and outer out of some of the fabulous Mintay Marina paper collection, using some of the images to fussy cut out as well,

I wanted a surreal beach scene for my suitcase so it's got a Mermaids tale on one side which came from Sarah Wrights resin embellishment shop, I coloured the tail with some white gesso then when dry went over with Lindy's gang Magical shakers Bratwurst Brown and Bavarian Blue and then some Flat Magicals Plumeria Pink, then added hints of Finnabair wax Brushed Iron here and there,

I began layering up the base of my display, I cut out a piece of one of the papers then went over with some clear gesso to make it take the mixed media I needed to add, I coloured a piece of cheesecloth with some with some Lindy's Starburst squirts, glued this down then, then mixed together some more of the starburst squirts with some 3d Matte Gel by Finnabair and some Art Stones, this I placed over the top of the cheesecloth to give a look of  a sandy beach,

I took a chipboard frame by Dusty Attic and after covering it with some white Gesso I then went over stippling with some Finnabair patina Effect pastes, I glued a fussy cut out bottle from one of the fabulous images from the Marina papers placing it to one side so part of the frame showed,I then hot glued this in place over the sand effect,

To one side I added some moss which I dribbled some Finnabair Impasto paints over, then when dry added some embellishments, I coloured the small wooden anchor with the patina effect paints the same as the frame,

The Seagull is another Dusty Attic chipboard, this time I simply coloured it with white Gesso adding a couple of layers to get depth and dabbed a bit of the squirts on his beak,


I took a small bottle from my stash and gave it a layer of white gesso, then again when dry added some Bavarian Blue Magical Shakers by Lindy's Gang, love the effect, some tiny shells are glued around here and there,
Another seagull this time on a post with a leaf stem #2 in front coloured with Lindy's squirts finishes off the front,


I added a film strip behind the frame and a little mesh off a wrapper for some fruit (Recycling) lol to give more depth to the scene too, on the other side the mermaids tail was hot glued in place,


My inner scene finished I added a metal handle given the Patina Effect look the same as the frame and the wooden Anchor to tie it all in, then used another of the gorgeous images which I fussy cut out from the Marina Images,
I did the same effect on a metal embellishment I had in my stash too,
The side views show the suitcase with a tiny metal chain inside the lid and box which I again used the patina pastes on to give an aged rusted look but which also held the lid in the correct place,


Think my Granddaughter has her eyes on this, she's just said wow, lol
If you've any questions just ask,
Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

barbscardsmyway.blogspot.com said...

I really love this beach survival kit! Great job!