https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 11 May 2019

Shabby Chic Violin

Hi guys, I've been playing with my mixed media again, just love getting all inky and seeing how it turns out,
I saw the gorgeous Mood Board for May by Dusty Attic and just had to have a go,


I created the violin using my Silhouette Machine, cutting three layers of the base out of grey board which I simply glued together, then when set painted over some white Gesso,

I used some homemade stencil paste with a Finnabair swirly Florals stencil over one side of the Violin, a little at the base on the left then added some down the middle section beneath the string section, I then added the colours used on the mood board by mixing some Reeves soft pastels with some water,

I began layering the Dusty Attic chipboards (which I had previously painted with white Gesso, then  coloured with the same soft pastels) in place on the left hand side of the Violin,
I started with some of the Marrakesh Trellis small which I cut into shape,

I then added a Iron Accent #2 chippie again which I'd previously coloured, over the top of this I added the Foliage #2 chippie, this goes down the left hand side,
At this stage I hot glued some twine behind the bottom section and wound it around the top pieces of the Violin,

I hot glued a wooden spool on the top section too, finishing it off later with some crackle paste, and art stones,
Having fixed the chipboards in place I started adding some embellishments, using flowers, bits of lace, cheesecloth, sequins, melange art pebbles, Art stones, Micro beads, a metal numeral and a light bulb from my stash,
I added some crackle paint here and there to add more texture then went over this when dry with some Gilding wax,

Challenges

May Mood Board Challenge

5 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Liz, hope all is well sweetie. I am in awe of this one, so beautiful your so talented, I love it.xx

Gina's Cards said...

Oh WOW Liz, this is simply stunning, you have pout so much work into it - I love it.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carole Pollard said...

So beautiful thats an amazing design so clever Love and hugs Carole x

Jenny said...

Cannot believe how fabulous this is.
Thanks for joining us at Dusty Attic :)

Patricia said...

This is such a gorgeous project...Loving all of the wonderful details on it...Thank you for playing along with the Dusty Attic mood-board this month.