https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Thinking of you

Hi guys, I thought I'd show you today a card I've made for my Mums Birthday,
She's 89 years young soon and she loves flowers so I made her this card,

I used the gorgeous papers by Lemoncraft from the Grow Old With me collection, as well as some images I cut out which included the lace look strip and the clocks too,
Any one who knows me knows I love wood effect papers and this is no exception, the soft colours and design are so gorgeous, after distressing the edges with a distress tool I added a little vintage photo distress ink over the top,
I then used a 13 Arts wallpaper stencil with some of my handmade stencil paste to added a little design here and there,
I cut down a doily from my stash next then added the lace effect strip, again I distressed the edges lightly, On one side I glued on a couple of paper straws too,
At the side of these, I used one of the cut out clocks which again I added some distress ink around the edge too, this makes the cut out items have a little definition, I then did the same with the cut out Butterfly,
Below the clock I added a frame made with some Air Dry Clay which I simply coloured with the same colours as the papers and the matching flowers I made, but more on them below,

Peeking out from behind the flowers is some fabulous chip board made by BlooMar Designs, from the floral Elements 001 collection, again I simply added a hint of vintage Photo to it here and there,

Malgorzata has some gorgeous chipboard collections and she lives in the UK too, so the delivery is super and the chipboard is really good quality and will take all sorts of mediums,

I finished off with another piece of the chipboard at the base of my flowers, but this time I coloured the chip board with more distress ink, this gave the allusion of shadow,
Two more fussy cut out clocks where used and anther fussy cut out Butterfly were used as well,

The Dog Rose type flowers where made out of some 0.6 Ecru Foamiran and Lady E Design dies Flower 001,  I simply coloured some of the petals with some gallery Soft pastel in orange, using a slightly damp wet wipe on the Ecru Foamiran this produced a peach type colour,
I added some stamens which came from 14 Craft Bar,
All the flowers were made in the same way, I die cut them out, coloured some of the petals on both sides then scrunched each petal one at a time between my fingers, slightly easing  the middle section of the petal apart, then layered them up with two layers, keeping the coloured petals more together but aligning the layers slightly off on another, when the glue is dry, make a hole in the flower centre and add some stamens of your choice, 

Lady E Design Dies - Flower 001
Ecru Foamiran - Swedish house Crafts
BlooMar chipboards

Challenges
Lemon crafters on face book - Challenge #2 Roses


Happy Crafting!!


2 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card Liz. You are so talented at making flowers. Love the design too.
Hugs
Gina xx

mosia said...

It's sooo lovely <3
Thank you for playing along with us at Lemoncrafters.