https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 7 September 2011

I can't believe it!!!!

Hi guys,
I've made a card and it's Christmas based!!!!!! am I ill? lol
now those that know me know I don't do Christmas till December or the earliest November so what's going on!!!!
must be Tegan's effect on me!!!!! he he

I thought I'd put on a card today as I have been busy doing stuff but for my DT'S so I couldn't show them yet,
I saw that TOMIC wanted make your own background, and I thought Christmas!!
still can't believe it you know!!

I made the background using three colours of Distress ink which I added in various depths to the watercolour paper as this blends so easily and takes liquid too,
I then stamped my various stamps and heat embossed over them with white embossing powder, to finish off I  sprayed a mist of Blackberry Autumn ink and perfect pearls mist perfect pearl too, highlights of stickles star dust are on there too, the whole thing shimmers beautifully in real life!
Tilda and the houses are coloured using my copics, and are layered on with pinflair glue, I also slightly shaped Tilda with a shaping tool so she didn't lie flat,
her laces are done with stickles too,
the fence is edged with DI vintage photo and coloured very lightly with Antique linen,
the text stamp is of course by Magnolia and has been stamped in memento rich cocoa,
the shape is a Go Kreate die,

recipe
Distress inks ~ antique linen~ tumbled glass ~ faded jeans ~ vintage photo
stampendous ~white embossing powder  
Emboss ~ tinted embossing stamp pad
Sticky fingers ~ Autumn Ink ~ Blackberry
Perfect Pearls mist ~ perfect pearl
Magnolia stamps and other
Doo Hickey fence die
ribbon ~  a gift
Silver snowflake ~ The stamp man
copics

Challenges
TOMIC ~ make your own background
All that scraps ~ stretch your imagination
Magnolia mania ~ sparkle
well guys, should get to visit you soon, hope your all ok and having fun,
Tegan has put on a few pounds she now weighs 7 pounds 4 ounces, isn't she doing well!



19 comments:

arjette said...

What an awesome card Liz!!!
Good to read your granddaughter is doing well!! Enjoy!!

gr. arjette.

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

Beautiful Christmas card!
greetings, mandy

Zora said...

WoW it´s a greate chrismas card. And it´s newer early to start. Love the background, have to test it to :O)

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card Liz.
luv
Debby

yvon said...

Wow, this looks stunning. Love your christmascard.
Hugs, Yvon

Miria said...

Hi, Granny.. You must believe, at Christmas you have to! I've never stopped all the year through lol! Your card is gorgeous, I love the scene, colouring and evrything. Congrats on Tegan as well, hugs, Miria

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz, this is soooo sweet!! I adore the scene and your coloring is WOW!! :)

Janette said...

Hi Liz, Oh this is gorgeous, what a stunning background to, you clever thing..xx

Babette said...

Well you can't be early enough, I think. But your card is really gorgeous, love your background.
Hugs,
Babette

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Liz....

have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Liz! Lovely scenery!
hugs, Marlies

coops said...

stunning card liz.gorgeous winter scene and colouring and i love your colours and great design :D

xx coops xx

Henny said...

What a beautiful card Liz. Very creative, nice colours and beautiful scene. Maybe next year your little grand-daughter looks a little bit like these Tilda. You can learn her all your stamp techniques etc. later on. Wow....!


Greetings Henny.

Liefs Ineke said...

wauw this is a beautiful card.

gr. Ineke

Julie said...

Stunning, Liz just stunning!! Juliexx

Teresa said...

Superb card Liz and the piccy of your little granddaughter is gorgeous too. xx

kazzie said...

Well, someone will be extremely happy to receive this card at Christmas. Absolutely beautiful.

Marion said...

Great christmas card! I like your background and your design! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Mania Challenge this week!
Hugs Marion

Pam Sparks said...

Just a delight Liz! lovin' your Winter scene! Glad you're showing the season early! : )

So glad you linked up to the ALL That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!