https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Create memories

Hi guys,  some friends of ours are hopefully moving in the near future, so of course I wanted to make them a card,

I bought this fabulous shuttered window by Dusty Attic a little while ago, I love things like this, in fact I've created a mixed media project with another one which I will show soon, lol

I used some of the fabby papers from Mintay using the Life Stories collection, then fussy cut out some of the flowers and the hinge to create the scene,
I added some stenciling on the background paper first with a 13 Arts wallpaper stencil with some Shimmer graphite paste, after cutting out the hinge and the clock I distressed the edges lightly,
The gorgeous rose was another of the items to cut out from the sheet,
I added some spare chipboard behind the rose to raise it up a little, then added another fussy cut hydrangea style flower as well,
I painted the shutters and window lightly with a thin layer of white Gesso before gluing in place on the cut out large flower display, using hot glue to make the shutters stand forward,

I created some foamiran flowers with Lady E Design dies Hydrangea flower 5 and Tiny Flowers for the Roses to match in with the colours, using Ecru 0.6 Foamiran and colouring them with soft pastels, Ochre andNougat for the rose etc and Cobolt Turquoise for the others,

I again wanted some smaller flowers so I first die cut the flower shapes, coloured them then held them one at a time against a fairly hot iron, this shrinks the flowers, then I built up the rose by cutting one of the flowers after shrinking into two sections, on with three petals the other one left had two, this makes the bud like centre,
Wrap the two petaled one around a thin piece of wire and glue in place,then add the three petaled one around the two petaled one, cut off the wire below the bud,
Glue three layers of the full flower head together, alternating the petals then glue the bud in the middle,


I glued them in place on my card, then added some Lady E Design Tiny Leaves cut out of some more of the papers,
I also added a cut down sheet of the paper on the back too, as our friend loves photography!



Happy Crafting!!

No comments: