https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Two ways to use Foamiran flowers for displays

Hi guys, I want to show you some Foamiran flowers I have created using 
Lady E design dies 002, you may have previously seen them on a post about Foamiran which Swedish house Crafts posted on the 4th of April,


I used Lilac 0.6 Foamiran for the flowers, using the Foamiran  lilac colour for the centre's and colouring the petals with some soft pastel,

To make these, simply cut a strip of the Foamiran  about 2.5cm wide by 9cm, out of Lilac 0.6 Foamiran, for each flower, then cut down with some scissors along the length about 1.5cm with some scissors, (Fringe type stamen)
 glue one end of the strip to some floral wire then wind round the wire till you've wound round about 5 or six times, cut off the excess length if you have any left then add some glue to the end to finish it off,

Take some petals previously coloured with some sort of medium, I used Soft pastel for mine as I said  but you can use, oil pastels, ink pads etc,

Take one previously coloured petal at a time and scrunch  the tops of the flowers between your fingers for a few seconds,( do this for all the petals),

Using the 2nd from the smallest sized petal for the smaller flower, glue one petal at a time around the fringe type stamen, overlapping the petals slightly, you will use around 4 or 5 petals depending on the size of your centre fringe,
Next glue one layer of petals using the 3rd sized petal from the smallest around the petals you've just glued on, alternating the petals and slightly overlapping as before, around 5 petals, this creates a bud like flower,
I then added a hand cut Calyx using Olive Green Foamiran coloured with a little soft pastel on the ends,



The larger flower is made in the same way, but I used the 3rd sized petals from the smallest for the centre petals and the 4th /largest size for the outer ones, again I added a Calyx on the bottom of the flower,

As you can see on this photo they can be used with the floral wires still attached for a floral display, Use some floral tape around the wires to finish these off,
......................................................................



On the photo above I have simply cut off the floral wires and hot glued them to an altered MDF banner by Laserowe Love,
I painted the MDF banner with some white Gesso, then went over with Finnabair Impasto paints, when dry I used some handmade texture paste and a stencil to add some script, I let this dry then went around the edges with some crackle paste,



 I added a layer of Sisal to the middle of the banner then glued the flowers in place on top, 

To finish this off further I made some leaves from the 002 design dies, using the two sizes from the set out of Olive Green 0.6 Foamiran, I glued two of the larger leaves either end of the banner then used the smaller leaves in the middle,

So as you can these flower dies can be used for different sized flowers, buds and also in a floral display or as an embellishment on a project,

Lilac 0.6  Foamiran
Olive green 0.6 Foamiran
Lady E Design dies 002
Laserowe love Banner 


Happy Crafting!!!


1 comment:

Rita said...

What beautiful flowers Liz. The colour is so vibrant and makes them stand out. Thanks for the tutorial too. Hugs Rita Xxx