https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 27 March 2019

Shabby Chic Birdhouse

I though I'd show you today a LaserOwe Love MDF Bird House I've altered, the Bird House is
from Swedish House Crafts and is just one of a fabulous range of MDF products to alter or decorate and whats more the prices are reasonable  too,


As you know I'm into Mixed Media at the moment so I first painted all the pieces with some Studio white Gesso, when dry I assembled all the pieces together, gluing them with some strong hold acrylic glue, I checked the roof pieces before gluing to make sure they fit in the right way, leave to dry,

While the House dried I took one of the Laser Owe Love Lily of the Valley background chip boards and cut a section of it off, this I then painted with a layer of Gesso, leave this to dry too, 


When dry glue the chipboard to the left hand side bottom corner, glue the heart around the hole which is also Heart shaped, line them up as good as you can, then again leave to dry, when dried take some texture paste, mine was handmade and I simply added some thickly on the top of the heart by dabbing the texture paste and lifting the paste to get the above effect,
I did the same steps with the MDF bird,
 at the same time glue the piece of MDF that the Bird sits on, I used hot Glue to add this,

Next I added some acrylic paint by Dusty Attic here and there on my Bird House, I watered the paint down a little with some water and also sprayed some with a water spray too, do this as many times as you wish to get the effect and depth you want,

I also painted the Bird with this watered down paint, after I added some background colouring with some of the soft pastel,

Taking some 0.6 white Foamiran I die cut some Hydrangea flowers out of the Lady E design hydrangea 5 die, these I then coloured with some soft pastels added with a damp wet wipe, don't have your wipe to wet or it will not have depth to the colour,
I glued a stamen in to the centre and shaped the petals towards the stamen with my fingers,


After gluing some Cheesecloth on to part of the roof section I arranged some of my Hydrangea flowers, I then die cut some of the Lady E design leaf die out using 0.6 Olive green Foamiran, I added a hint of soft pastel colour to the edges before gluing in place on the Bird House roof,


For a little added interest I glued one Hydrangea flower on the heart,
Add some cheesecloth up the side of the Bird House to give a little texture, then add some Finnabair Art Stones and mini Art Stones over the top, on the section under the roof I just added the Art Stones onto the MDF with out adding the Cheesecloth first,


Glue a feather onto the ledge then the Bird over the feather, add some more Hydrangea flowers and another leaf under the ledge to finish the Bird House off,


Happy Crafting!!!

No comments: