https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 2 December 2018

I'm Dreaming Of.......

Hi guys, I've been playing with some mixed media again, and loved it!!!!

I recently went to a local craft event and one stall had these MDF items for sale and I just couldn't resist it!! well it just had to fall in my basket!!



I've also done a step by step tutorial on the trees,

So ok, I first of all painted the pieces with white Gesso, you know how to do that right? so I've skipped that, then I took a couple of different stencils from my stash and using some handmade paste added the patterns to my trees, I stippled some texture paste onto the smaller tree group without any stencilling and kept the base plate with only the white Gesso,


When the Gesso was dry I took some lace scraps from my stash and cut them up randomly, these I adhered onto the trees in various places, then when dry I wrapped some twine around the larger trees too,


I took some Prima Sparks paints and after first lightly spraying the tree with a little water I added a bit of paint on my brush here and there, then I added a little more water, I went over with some more paint and water till I got the look I wanted,


I still kept the group of trees fairly plain just adding the colours of paint in the same way as above,


I then fixed the trees onto the base,



I had previously stamped a stamp with versamark and heat set white embossing powder over the top onto a piece of vellum, this I then fussy cut around and fixed onto the front of the group of trees, using 3D pads, it looks squiffy on this picture but it is straight honest!! lol

I added some cheesecloth over the base, then added a layer of white Gesso, when dry I added some of my finishing embellishments,


I took some cinnamon sticks, glued them in place, then added a layer of crackle paste over them, this cracked fabulously when dry!! I heat glued a mini Bird by Dusty Attic on the top, which I had painted with the sparks paint then I used some 13 Arts silver Glitter paint on the wings, behind this I added some bird houses, I made the bases by using some waste chipboard, glued the houses and the bases together, then painted them again with the spark paints,


In front of my scene I added a word chipboard covered in stippled white Gesso then the dot on the I was painted with the 13 Arts Silver paint,
Here and there I added some vintage twigs in white by 13 Arts and some pine cones covered with a little white Gesso,
On the trees I added some gems in two colours here and there as well as some Finnabair glass micro beads,





This is the finished scene again, on the top of the house I added a crystal clear gem as a star effect, 
I then went over the edges of the trees with some white crackle paste to get the same effect as the log and to give the look of snow on the trees, lol


It really shines and sparkles in real life, 

Prima - white Gesso
Prima - Sparks Prima paints - Fairy wings/ (Unicorns hair/Birds) Mermaid Sparkle, Magical pond,
Deco Art texture sand, Finnabair Micro beads/ Splash, 13 Arts Silver glitter paint, 13 Arts white Vintage twigs, Dusty Attic - Mini words #1, Dusty Attic - Mini birds #1, Dusty Attic Mini Birdhouses, 

Challenges

It really was such fun to do hope, you like it too!!!
Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Oh Liz, the trees are so beautiful, I love the mixed media look and all the gorgeous details.
Hugs
Gina xx

Anat Weksler said...

Love all this trees! Thank you for joining the Mixed media Place Challenge

Arantzazu said...

Lovely project
Thanks for laying wit us at MMP

Águeda said...

Me encanta la idea del encaje para dar textura al árbol, realmente ha sido un acierto para imitar el follaje del mismo, impresionante!!!
Feliz 2019.

Kareen Dion said...

Beautiful creation!! Thanks for joining us at the 13@rts challenge!

Shona said...

so creative...fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at 13 ARts :)