https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 5 September 2019

Boogie Nights

It's gone cold and wet here, so to cheer myself up I looked at the moodboard for Lindy's Gang,
the colours are awesome, but me being me didn't see the bright bit of the bright fall challenge, not sure whether the yellow is supposed to be dominant but hey ho I enjoyed making my scene anyway, lol


As per usual it was hard to get a good photo, but here goes, my Skeletons are having a party in the woods!! just chillin out with their friends, lol
I painted the frame first with black Gesso then went over with Lindy's  Magical shakers Bavarian blue and Polk Purple water down with water and painted on, I then added a few tiny Art Stones here and there for a little added texture and went over with some more Magicals,


As you can see I added a few plastic spiders from my stash here and there, I left the glue strings on to look like their starting a web, I took a piece of water colour card and using the Magical Shakers dropped bits around the paper then added some water from a spray bottle over the top, this made the Magicals disperse I also picked up the card for them to run a little too,


The chipboards are by Dusty Attic, I added Finnabair waxes straight on top of the chipboard Skeleton clock face, then glued it in place on the card, I added some metal clock hands by Finnabair which I had lightly added some of the wax too,
My next Layer was a piece of chicken wire which I added on the lower section, onto this I layered some D/A branches, these have a hint of the Magicals on them too,

I hope you can see the D/A Industrial globes I have hung off the tree branch, this I glued into place first, then glued my light bulbs in place simply adding some moss over the top later, it's hard to see but they are at various depths and yes they do hang and swing if moved, lol how funky is their party!!!


My next layer was some D/A Toadstools these were coloured again using the Magicals and also the yellow from a Flat Magical - Purple Paradise,the inner sections of the light bulbs has this on too,
I sat my Skeleton ( do you like my handmade hat?) on a piece of wood with bark, bit hard for his bony bum!!! then added some more moss and a metal leaf embellishment again by Finnabair, and of course more spiders!!!


I used the same type of wood piece, yet more moss and metal leaves around his friend too, when the frame is lifted both of their legs hang down over the frame,


The skeletons had to come from somewhere didn't they? so the coffin lid is stood on the side for later, I painted this first with black gesso, then went over with a Finnabair stencil - Swirly Florals, then when dry I used the Purples and the yellow, a plastic Skull embellishment finishes it off, think this may be from Tim Holtz?


Again more of the Toadstools have been added for depth to the design and interest,


I then added some air dry clay Moons made from a mould set from Finnabair, onto these I added some wax, 



So not sure about the bright part of the moodboard, but I had fun!!! Lol

Lindy's Gang Products




Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

barbscardsmyway.blogspot.com said...

Per usual - you are having just too much fun. Love this card!