https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 6 March 2019

Altered Box with Peony Styled Silk flowers

Hi guys, I thought I'd show you a box I've had in my stash quite a while and finally decided to use, 
I love it and always kept putting it off as I wanted it to go somewhere I'd see and use it,

Finally I found the place and this is what I created to go with the room it's going in,

I wanted it quite neutral in the colours but with a hint of texture and colour, of course it had to have  some Foamiran flowers too!!

I have some step by step photo's of the box,

After painting the whole box and lid with white gesso  I let it dry, I then swiped randomly over this with some soft pastel on a damp wet wipe this helps lift and spread the colour,


I took a 13 Arts stencil and using some homemade texture paste added a little of the design to one side,






I sprinkled Aged Ivory Frantage over the paste after I'd removed the stencil, tip away the excess then heat set the frantage with a heat gun,


This brought in the hints of the colours too,


I did the same first steps on the box, I later painted the inside too, then when dry added an air dry clay embellishment made with a Prima mould,

On top of this I painted a layer of white gesso then while still wet added some frantage, took away the excess frantage and heat set again with my heat gun,

I made some flowers out of white silk foam with Lady E Design dies flower 002, I then made some hand cut leaves and calyxs with white foamiran in 0.6 colouring these with soft pastels, these I added to my box with some Sisal underneath in a neutral colour,

The edges of the petals are coloured also with some soft pastels and I used matching coloured stamens from 14 Craft Bar,


I also made some buds too,



I finished off my box by adding some liquarel gold coloured watercolour paint  here and there on the box edges to define them a little,


Happy Crafting!!!

5 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Liz this is lovely and love the step by step instructions. Love your flowers

Janette said...

Hi Liz, this is beautiful, I love it and those flowers are so pretty, gorgeous.xx

adablog14 said...

Liz...i fiori sono MERAVIGLIOSI...complimenti sinceri...Ada

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Stunning make, gorgeous flowers

Gina's Cards said...

Oh WOW Liz, this is just beautiful. Love the stencil and the flowers are stunning. You are very talented.
Hugs
Gina xx