https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 21 March 2019

Spring has sprung

I can't wait for the warmer weather to come so I've made a spring themed project just for fun to cheer myself up, lol

I made this Watering can made with a download from  my Silhouette machine,
Using some of the gorgeous Mintay papers from the 12" x 12" Birdsong collection, I loved the way this paper had on the design bits that looked like my watering can had an aged rustic look, to enhance this I left my joins rugged to appear like my watering can is a little antique lol (ie: falling to bits) he he,
I fussy cut some Butterflies here and there from the Birdsong collection,


I die cut some wellies from a piece of Mintay paper from the Lovely Day collection, then layered these up in front of some wooden pieces and a frame I made out of one of two of the images from the Birdsong collection from a 6" x 6" paper pad, I die cut the frame section out and placed it in front of the bird image, then I added a lovely chipboard piece by BlooMar from the flower Elements set 001 on the top edge too, this I cut down and just used parts of it,



I die cut some Hydrangea flowers out of white cardstock then coloured them with a damp wet wipe and Soft pastels, look how fabulous the veins show from the die when coloured this way onto the card stock,

I  die cut the leaves from the leaves 5 die by Lady E Design but this time I used Olive Green Foamiran which can be bought from 
Swedish House Crafts, Suha has other colours available as well,

I used wired stamens for the centers of my Hydrangeas and these I simply stuck into a piece of oasis dry flower foam with a layer of Sisal on the top, 
Full view again,

Have you seen Emilia, Lady E Designs is having a spring flowers themed challenge over on her
 Face Book site,
 why not join in the fun,

Lady E Designs - Dies
Swedish House Crafts

Happy Crafting!!!

3 comments:

Janette said...

All so beautiful Liz, I still have so much of my Minty papers, they are gorgeous aren't they, I love this, a credit to you.xx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful creation Liz.The details are stunning.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous that looks amazing what a stunning idea love and hugs Carole x