https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 6 February 2021

Spring is coming

 Actually as I write this the sun is out, the sky is blue and I've just got back from taking the dogs out, for the first time in months it wasn't freezing, lol

So onto my card, Sweet Poppy Stencils have a challenge monthly on FB, this time it's "Spring is Coming"

so taking two stencils I have in my stash I made this card,



I created some hill effects with some torn copy paper, then sinply using one of my makeup style brushes I lightly brushed over the edge of the torn paper in Peeled paint distress ink, then  placing the hare on my card roughly in place I then new where to place the sun, so I removed the hare stencil and using a  circle cut out of some card used some Antique linen first then went over randomly with dried Marigold, make sure this is dry, then go over the card around the sun and up to the grass effect with Broken China and a little touch of speckled egg, this gives variety and added interest, I went over the sun to give a muted look too,

Taking the Shower of love sweet poppy stencil, I masked off all the design with the awesome tape they sell so only the right hand hare could be used, then I went throught the stencil with tea dye and on the right hand side edges with a light stroke of vintage photo distress inks, I placed it so the lighter sections looked like the sun was hitting it, with his back in the shade, I then gave the hare some shadow with some Frayed Burlapdistress ink pen blended with a Picket Fence distress ink pen, to soften it,


I then took the Foliage stencil by Sweet Poppy and turned it upside down so the leaves floweed as if off a tree, I stencilled through the leaves with bundled sage, Antique linen and iced Spruce, again for a hint of variety,

On the hill effect I used the top middle section of the Shower of love stencil, again masking off bits I didn't want with the tape, I then went through here and there with Frayed Burlap to create plants, I turned the stencil over for some too so they didn't all look the same, I then finished them off with some white Posca Pen dots,

As you can see to balance the card I added one near the Hare too,

Well I hope you like it, I've created this for my lovely next door neighbour who's really poorly and can't get out any more, I'm hoping it bucks him up,

Happy Crafting!!


1 comment:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely soft finish to this card