https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 9 February 2021

Valentines love

 Hi guys, I created a Valentines card for hubby, using the awesome Shower Of love stencil by Sweet poppy Stencils, he's had quite a few valentines cards as we've been together 42 nearly 43 years, Married 41 of them in May!! Oh my gosh where has the time gone!! lol


 So with time frame, I went for a classy look, well hopefully!! 

I recently bought a Gel plate, not got the ink pads to go with it yet so it didn't quite turn out as I wanted but it was ok for A first attempt, I used black soot distress ink which gave a pale grey effect, which is what I wanted,

I then used a circle for the moon cut out of some acetate and in the circle used a brilliance ink pad watered down with a slightly damp brush, this was to add a little colour but not too much, I then went over with some white Gesso, dabbing it on for a little texture, let this dry( doesn't take long)

I then created some hills with torn paper edging with the Black soot distress ink, leaving the background colour showing underneath,


Take the stencil and tape off the hares, then using some silver embossing paste from my stash I stencilled through the stem and the hearts,



I added some heat to the hearts with my heat gun to make the paste bubble, this gave a little added interest without having to go over with another product,


let this dry properly on the lower stem as no heat has been added to that part,

place the stencil back in place and dab black gesso through the hares,


Again dabbing the gesso gives a little texture to the hares,
I took some more of the black soot distress ink and using a makeup style brush went around the edges of the card to make a night scene, leaving the paler grey around the moon effect seeing as it's a full moon, then I added a tiny amount of old silver wax going slightly across the moon for a cloud effect,




I finished off the card by adding some shadow on the ground behind the hares with some pencils then some glitter on the ground around the hares, I then mat and layered the scene onto some mat silver card and black card to tie it all in,

Happy Crafting!!


No comments: