https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 15 June 2019

Treasures of the Sea

Hi guys, I've been in a mixed media mood again, and having seen the fabulous mood Board on the Lindy's Gang challenge I just had to make something,
I was one of the lucky winners on their last challenge and so I have used some of the products I won as well as some I ordered too,
I must say I thought the postage was expensive because imports to Britain always are but the service was super quick and really well wrapped and I also got a freebie on the order too, so i now think it's worth it
 AWESOME!!

I had a glass jar/bottle in my stash and so I altered it with a under the Sea theme, in the fabulous colours on the moodboard, 
I painted the jar/bottle first with some white Gesso on the lower half and clear Gesso on the top, I saw one of the Lindy's girls do this on a clear glass bowl and loved it so I just had to try it myself, thanks for the idea Anat,
When the Gesso had dried I added some crackle paste here and there, then when this dried I started adding some of the Magicals and  Flat Magicals by simply watering a little of the powders down with a little water, painting on randomly with a soft brush then spraying more water over the top with a spray bottle, I will list the colours below,
On the top I added a Dusty Attic chipboard which I had added a layer of white Gesso too, then painted over with the same colours,
The embellishment was metal and again I painted it with white Gesso then two colours of the Magicals, I added a gem which had a layer of paint over as well,

I then added some Moss, shells and a clock face made with air dry clay and a mould from my stash, around the jar/bottle,
I used this awesome Resin Mermaid from Sarah at the Embellishment shop and coloured her with Lindy's Gang embossing powders,
I then used a pearl brad which I cut the brads off the back first, then some pearl effect gem stones and a little bottle from my stash,
I lso added a layer of Gesso to the mould before gluing in place, then when dry I added some of the colours here too,
I added some white 13 Arts embellishment here and there to fill in some of the places, then coloured them with the Flat Magical - Mango Mania, I thought this made it look like Coral,
I carried on with the theme also adding this wooden ships wheel which I again created using the same method to create the look,
Here I used a metal Anchor embellishment,
I coloured some of the jar/bottle and left the other parts with just the Gesso,
Love the way it looks fab over the crackle paste,
In some places I let the glass show through too,
products used:

 Mango Mania
 Luscious Lime

 Shabby Tubine Teal
Rusty lantern Lime
Time Travel Teal

Morning Glory
Spring leaf
Sunrise Salmon Gold



Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Liz, well congrats on the win, this is magical for sure, I love it, so many embellishments, lots of textures, its amazing liz it really is.
Hope your having a nice weekend, at least it isn't raining...I really shouldn't have said that should I...haha..xx

Christine Kiehl said...

Truly amazing! So many wonderful details!