https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Friday 7 June 2019

Congrats by Liz

Hi Guys, I thought I'd show you an exploding box I've made for 
Swedish house Crafts using some of the fabulous products Suha has in her online store,


As per usual I've created something a little hard to photograph, lol

I got these awesome PND Hippo's  stamps in my DT kit and just had to colour them up, now I've not coloured anything for about 8 months so I hope I've done ok,

I made my box up with white card as the base then added some paper out of the Maja Design Denim and Girls collection 6 x 6 inch paper pack,
I then cut a smaller layer out of a sheet of Maja design Shades of Monochromes,
then I cut another smaller layer out of one sheet of the 6 x 6 paper for the inner sections of my box,


I stamped the Hippo's out, then coloured them with some distress re-inkers, then when dry I die cut them out into circles,



I kept to the same colour theme as the papers and made some Handmade Foamiran flowers in similar colours too, I used Lady E Design Tiny Flowers dies for these type of flowers,


I created a circle cake shape out of white card stock then covered it with some more of the Maja Design papers, I then added another of the Hippo's from the stamp set but this time after colouring I fussy cut it out, glued a thin piece of acetate behind the stamped image and glued this on the top of the faux cake, I then added some more handmade flowers out of Foamiran using the same Tiny Flower dies and Flower 001 for the others,


Of course an exploding box needs a top, so after making the shape of the lid I glued a piece of the Maja Design paper from the same collection, then I die cut the Congrats die three times out of the white card stock together, this gives fabulous depth to the text,
I then die cut some stars out of the same Maja Design Shade of the Monochrome I'd used inside, these I doubled up the layers, it doesn't matter if they are slightly offset I think it adds to the appeal,
I then added some more of my Hand made Foamiran flowers on too,



Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Hi Liz, I had to come over and see this cutie for myself, looks so gorgeous, a lovely gift for someone..
Hope your well lovely lady.xx