https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 27 January 2019

This Makes Me Happy

Hi guys, I thought I'd show you another bit of mixed Media I've been creating,

I altered a old brush with some Bloo/Mar chipboard, a Resin piece and lots of mixed media,


I bought a fabulous Resin lamp post piece a few weeks back and wanted to use it on this mixed media brush,

here are some photo's I took of the brush and chipboard frame plus the resin lamp post before adding all the mixed media too them,

I painted them with some white Gesso dabbing it on the top part of the brush and the chipboard frame with a foam dauber, this gives a little texture and is fab for getting into odd shapes,


I dried this with a heat gun which also helps give texture, then glued some twine around the brush, leaving some over the top of the brush so I can hang it up, yep this brush had no pre drilled hole in it!!!Lol

I then went over the handle again with some texture sand,


I then added my base items onto the brush with 3D Matte Gel, I added some metal embellishments too for added interest,


When the Gel was dry I started painting the brush and the resin piece plus metal pieces with some Impasto paint, these are quite thick so I added a little spray of water here and there to water some of it down,
On the resin lamp post I also used some alchohol inks,

I then added some of the 13 Arts white Branches over the chipboard,


After this I added a ribbon flower, paper flowers and paper leaves,


I glued a Finnabair metal flower onto the top of the ribbon flower then when set I painted the inner sections with some Patina effect paint,


I used the same Patina effect paints onto the bristles part of the brush, onto the metal elements and onto a Dusty Attic chipboard I also added,


The leaves are cut out of 13 Arts paper from the until Dawn pack with a lady E design Tiny leaves die,

 I finished my project off with a hand made air dry clay bird which I made with a mould from my stash, small metal flowers in bronze and black and white



Well it really makes me think of spring, so nice when it's freezing cold outside, lol

Challenges:

January Challenge


Products used: 

frame 0/6

 Tiny Leaves die

Lamp post Resin Piece

Finnabair:
 - Impasto paints/ Jade/ Azure
 Mechanicals,
 Patina Paste- Brass/ Blue/Mint green
3D Matte gel

13 Arts:
White branches
Until dawn paper pack, Frosty Morning

Alcohol inks- Sail boat blue, Denim


Happy Crafting!!!


5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is fab, great colour and texture

Janette said...

Oh Liz I love it, so pretty, I always feel much better if I can 'get lost' in a project...
Hope your well, take care...xx

JOKE said...

What a wonderfull idea!! It's amazing....
Joke

MagsB said...

You have turned this old paintbrush into a gorgeous work of art, Liz!

love Mags B x

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at 13arts.