https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Happy ............

Hi guys, over at Paper Take Weekly we have a fab theme for you
Happy .........
some of you may have seen a hint of this as my stupid computer started playing up and I finished up posting it!!!!! nothing to do with me of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well I've used Happy Birthday as it was Kay's 30th Birthday last week, eeek my baby is 30!!!!!
anyway!!! breath deep Liz, one two one two, lol
 So here's a few things I made for her,
lots of pictures so maybe grab a brew first!!!!!!!!!!
The card!

I was in a mood for something different from the norm again and Kay isn't into overly fussy or fancy and has Owls in her lounge, well not literally but on her cushions and ornaments etc, lol so to keep in with the theme I based my stuff on that!!!
the papers are a mixture of Maja design and Magnolia, the  beautiful flowers came from Sweet Lilac, the stamens are a mixture of Magnolia and other, the natural fibers are from hobby Craft,
The Noor musical note came from Icon,(wow are they good prices!!!!!!, no postage and quick), I must admit I trimmed it down a little as it was too big for the space I had,

The 30 numbers are a large sissix die I've had donkeys years and I cut them out and laid them onto a piece of vellum so the background colours still showed through,
The chipboard owl is by Tando Creative and i coloured it with copics,
The beautiful ribbon is from the ribbon girl,
The Happy Birthday chippie is by Scrap and craft which i painted with acrylics,

The Gift envelope!!

Kay wanted money for her Birthday so I made a gift envelope to put it in, I used some more of the gorgeous flowers and stamens and a leaf die from my stash, I cut the edge with my trimmer,

Exploding cake box


This was hard to take a picture of, the lid is on the back right and again I used some of the gorgeous ribbon from The Ribbon Girl, papers , flowers etc for the lid,
I left the top cake flowers flat for the lid to fit on, the flowers on the side of the cake are from TRG all listed below,

Closer view of all the top of the box,

The last one!!

I bought the bare MDF 30 and base from Anna Marie designs and painted, distressed, sanded and added a crackle effect on the pieces to start, when dry i added a little stenciling here and there to bring in the green colour,
The flowers are again from Sweet Lilac, the stamens Magnolia and other,
the chipboard  music notes are again by Tando Creative and I kept them to their original colour,
Again i used one of the owls and coloured it with my copics the adhered it with 3D glue,

kay loved it so that was good, lol

recipe
Crafters workshop - Mini quaterfoil stencil
30 MDF = Anna Marie Designs
Paper Artsy - chalk acylic - opaque
cosmic shimmer matt chalk paint- blueberry crush
 Imagination crafts - Chalkies stamping paint - Moss
Sweet Lilac - flowers and magnolia stamens
The Ribbon Girl - Helitrope No 7 Berisford satin ribbon
Tando Creative - Mini Owls
Copics - Y21, YG03, 100, vo4,
Tim Holtz - crackle paint clear
Gesso white
Dusty concord distress ink

Challenges
Live and love crafts - photo inspiration
The ABC Challenge F for Festive - (Birthdays, Easter etc)
Country View - anything goes
Dies R us - Shades of green
Tando Creative - anything goes
Avenue Create - Anything goes
Card and scrap - use layers
That's crafty - Wings n' things

if your still here thanks for looking!!
Happy Crafting!!!
Hugs Liz xx




14 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what fabulous birthday creations! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SHADES OF GREEN’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sharon Caudle said...

Spectacular, LiZ!!!! There's no doubt your daughter loved it all!! what an amazing way to celebrate a birthday! Love it all!!

Lorraine A said...

OH WOW !!! these are amazing creations Liz !! absolutely FABULOUS !! I am sure Kay loved them, so special :-)

luv
Lols x x x

~ginny said...

Brilliant effort... but who could expect less when it is for your daughter! Love the cake in the box, but fave is the standing 30! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us at 613 Ave C!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave Create – [ ATG w/optional theme: Caffeine]
Owner: RubberMAD at [GettyCollection.com]

Marjorie said...

Oh my word Liz!!! What stunning projects, I love them all.. your daughter Kay must of been over the moon with them!!.. 'STUNNING' :)XX
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Bodil said...

Så nydelig dette var :)
Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Card and Scrap.

Annette said...

OMG! This are some amazing birthday creations! I bet your daughter loved everyone of them! Absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for sharing and joining us at ABC Challenge!
Hugs Annette

Diane said...

Stunning, stunning projects!! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "Shades of Green" challenge!
Diane DRU DT

Unknown said...

Hi Liz,
What a lovely birthday gift set, all beautiful items and crafted with much love. The owl is supercute, and the cake looks fab. Thanks for taking the time to play with LLC this month.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Filharmonica said...

Great projects! Stunning! Thank for joining LLC this month :-) DT Heidi

MaxiBelle Studio said...

Amazing creation with a hint of green! Thanks for joining us for our 'Shades of Green' challenge #22.
Alicia (Dies R Us DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Karan Gerber said...

Fabulous card, love the flowers. Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SHADES OF GREEN’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Kaz said...

These are all so gorgeous and I really love what you did to the owls! I'm sure you had a very happy daughter! Thanks for joining in with Tando this month.

Nikki Stalker said...

Hi Liz. You were our lucky winner of the Magnolia-licous prize for ABC Challenges 15th March but we haven't heard from you as yet. If you'd like to claim your prize please email me at abcdesignteam@optusnet.com.au

Nikki