https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Monday 9 November 2020

Christmas Cards/same products/ different look

 Hi guys,

 so the Christmas Season will soon be here, so I thought I'd show you two Christmas cards I've created using the same designer papers by Prima from the Sugar Cookie collection, using the let's build A Snowman and Together For Christmas

Janine from The Mad Scrapper sells these and lots more designer papers plus mixed media and lots more, do check them out,

So for the first one.. 

A slimline styled card



I distressed the paper edges with a distress tool and added a little vintage photo distress ink on the edges,


I used one of the Dusty Attic snowflakes behind one of the paper layers, this I painted with Finnabair heavy white Gesso, then while still wet I added some fine glitter over the top, this sparkles in real life gorgeously,


The main focal point of the card has a Scrapiniec Christmas Tree behind A Dusty Attic house by Nuneka, I coloured the tree with the same white Gesso, the house I painted first with white Gesso then when dry went over with Finnabair heavy body Dusty Rose acrylic paint, I glued them in place then when set went over with some Finnabair snowflake paste on the top of the houses and the tips of the tree, I also added some Dusty attic clear gems here and there on the tree too,


I fussy cut around one of the cute snowmen from the Let's build a Snowmen sheet and one of the Sentiments off the Together for Christmas paper sheet, simply adding more of the Snowflake paste for added interest,

Card number two....


So this time a 5" x 7" card, with the same papers only with the Snowman papers on the base and the Together for Christmas on the circle, again I used a fussy cut snowman and another one of the sentiments off the paper, I added some clear gem stones by Dusty Attic and the Snowflake Paste, A small Dusty Attic snowflake from the same set is painted again with the white Heavy Gesso with fine Glitter over the top,

This time there is added interest on the inside of the card, with a scene created in a shadow box,


I've left the left hand side plain with only the Together For Christmas paper but it will eventually have a verse added, 


So I created a Shadow Box using both papers, then bulit a scene inside with the same chipboard sets I used on the first card,


The large Scrapiniec tree is again painted with the Dusty Rose paint but I mixed it with a little white Gesso to lighten the colour, the houses are painted with Sparks Fairy Wings and mermaid Sparkle, I adhered a smaller Scrapiniec tree left in it's unadorned colour at the side of the house and added some tiny Dusty Attic pearl effect gems on the tips, when fixed in place and set I went over with some of the Finnabair Snowflake paste on the roofs, tree points and on the shadow box base,


Again a fussy cut Snowman is on box too, I added some of the Dusty Attic gems on the back of the scene too,
 

Prima paper - Sugar Cookie / Let's Build A Snowman

Prima paper - Sugar Cookie / Together For Christmas

Dusty Attic:

Houses by Nuneka

Snowflakes

Clear Rhinestones

Pearls 

Scrapiniec  Christmas Trees

Finnabair:

Snowflake Paste

Sparks - Fairy Wings

Sparks - Mermaid Sparkle

Impasto Ink Dusty Pink

Heavy body White Gesso

Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo Distress Ink

Happy Crafting!!

No comments: