https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Friday 7 February 2020

Details of my MDF Bookcase with greyboard albums

Hi guys, did you see the show by Lisa Horton on the 3RD of february, well my album was one of the ones shown, how excited was I!!! 

So I thought I'd pop on here some close ups and more details of the finished project,


The bookcase is made out of really good quality MDF and is really easy to put together, simply add a little glue such as Cosmic Shimmer or the equivalent where they meet, hold in place a few seconds till the glue starts sticking then wipe away any excess, 

When completely
dry I painted mine with some Acrylic paint in a silver colour to match in with the papers I choose to use,


As you know I love to embellish quite a bit, so my books are made with two narrower  spines and one wider spine, there are loads of spines and covers to pick  which you want to use, I had lots left over and on another day I will post a small tutorial on how I made another different styled album which was also shown on the show,
First I covered my books with some designer papers,


and not shown in any order, I made this one with some grey board cogs, these I simply added some black distress ink over the top, I then cut out one of the Butterfly stamps in Kraft card stock and glued it over the keys, I then used one of the grey board keys over that,
I finished the spine off using similar colours and embellishment, but I made a foamiran flower using the flower die bu Lisa, simply adding a clock face in the middle,


I used some more of the grey board embellishment here, the flourishes were on the show mentioned above and the hearts will be coming soon, I added some Sisal in a natural colour with some film strip too, another grey board Key finishes it off along with some of the AB pearls,


The spine again is done in embellishments to compliment the front, this time I used some pink foamiran for the flower,


On the inside I added some papers which I had first painted and stamped onto, I also used some of the fabulous stencils Lisa has, both with inks and stenciled through with stencil paste, the tags used here are coming up soon so watch out for them, they are fabulous!!


I finished the inner pages off with the fabulous wordage papers, these are awesome to use, just simply trim down the saying and glue it on the card or what ever project your doing, I love them!!


The last book has some of the grey board cogs which i added here as a little interest to a paint themed cover, abstract art?!! lol


I again followed the theme on the spine,

Some things sold out on Create and Craft so check out if you missed anything, however in 14 days they will be available in Lisa Hortons shop or online,


I have also made a video to show you in even more detail the album and books shown here,

https://youtu.be/gtTMDX9hwBE

No comments: