https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Monday 17 February 2020

A Small Tutorial on How I Created A folded Over Album For Lisa Horton Designs

Hi guys, you may have seen this album on the recent 3Rd February show on Create and Craft, so I thought I'd show you how I created it,


This folding album was created with some of the left over pieces which came in the MDF bookcase with grey board albums kit,



 I still have some left too, but that's for another day!!! lol

...................................................................
Tutorial


These are the pieces I had left over after making my albums which I showed you on another post the other day, so for this album I made you will need


2 album cover fronts
2 narrow spines
1 wider spine,
arrange them in the order shown above,


I covered the outsides of mine with some canvas, but you can use papers, brown paper etc,
Glue the pieces as shown leaving some extra around the edges of the grey board  so you have enough to go over the edges and will stick down well, I only had a piece this big but you can make the extra around the edges larger, the gaps between the spines and covers was about .5mm or half a Centimetre, I  used a wet glue to adhere the pieces,

trim the corners as shown above and add some good quality tape as well as some of liquid glue, this just helps it to stick to the grey board well,


Turn the extra fabric over the edges of the greyboard, pressing it down firmly, when set you can lightly burnish along the gaps between the spine with your nail or bone folder for it to fold up,


This is how it folds, the wider spine goes over the front cover of the album, I finished this off by using some  distress inks and a couple of the stencils which were on the show,


I closed mine by adding some small magnets, but you can use string, or elastic or lace etc,

 For the inside I used the Spring Themed stencil with some distress ink through, onto some plain white card,


I had already stuck my card stock down inside my album but you can do this part first then trim the card down to fit,


This hides the outer cover, you can of course use designer paper too,

I made some pockets for mine which I simply used the stencil again, of course you can fill yours with anything,


Here I finished it off with some of the fabulous wordage papers, which I simply cut down with my trimmer and glued on where I wanted them,


Mine was based on holding stamped images, one for uncoloured and one for some finished coloured images, as above is a peek of some gorgeous stamps coming soon!!! 

I do hope you have a go at 
making your own albums, show us your makes with Lisa's products on our Facebook page,
Facebook page,

You can also find us at 



We love to see what you do,
If you missed any of the products on the show you can buy them from Lisa's shop or online 14 days from the show date,


Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

Gina's Cards said...

WOW Liz, it's brilliant, such a beautiful design. Love the stencils too.
Hugs
Gina xx