https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 21 January 2020

The Road to......

Hi guys!!  Liz here,
 I'm so excited to be sharing my first post with you as a design team member of 
Lisa Horton Crafts!!

Lisa has some outstanding products coming up soon and some have already been seen, I can tell you they are all fabulous to work with,

I've created a few projects for this month but the one I wanted to highlight today is this MDF Tag with lots of Lisa's products some of which were on the show on Create and Craft Yesterday,


The base of the tag has some of the papers Lisa sent me in my DT kit, which are from the Capri paper set, these papers take inks and other medium perfectly,
Taking the In The Loop DL stamp set I used the largest  stamp from the set and using an embossing stamp pad I stamped part of the stamp on the left hand side along the length of the tag, then I used some embossing powder over the top and heat set it in place,


Next using one of the stencils coming soon I used some stencil paste on the right hand side of the tag, (this gives a little texture), leave to dry,

Meanwhile I stamped the largest of the Butterflies from the Butterfly Flourish DL stamp set onto some white card with a black ink pad and coloured it in with distress inks, then I fussy cut it out with my scissors, 

When the stencil paste is dry you can start adding some more stamped images on the top part of the tag, here I  again used the stamps from the In The Loop stamp set, as you can see stamping over some parts of the embossed stamping, that is entirely up to you were you place your stamps and how you place them, there are no right or wrongs!! just have fun!!!


For the bottom of the tag, I first stamped one of the fabulous stamps from the Be happy Sentiments DL stamp set onto white card stock, again using a black ink pad, then I used similar distress ink colours to the Capri paper on the base of the tag to tie it all in, this I cut slightly smaller then the width of the tag leaving the same sort of width above and below the sentiment, I then distressed the card stock edges with a distress tool or you could use scissors,

I felt there was a gap on the left of the sentiment so I stamped one of the smaller Butterflies from the Butterfly flourish stamp set, I glued this section onto the bottom section of the tag,  

To finish my tag off I added a little of the distress ink colours here and there on top of the Capri papers, again to tie it all in, after gluing my Butterfly in place, I added a little light bulb embellishment that I secured onto my Butterfly from my stash, but they look fabulous with out anything extra added too, Lastly I added some twine through the hole at the top of the tag,


I hope you will have a go yourself, we love to see your creations using Lisa's products and if you wish to show us there is a Face Book site you can join,


Watch out for more fantastic inspiration from the other talented Design Team members both on our blog and the Face Book Site mentioned above, Youtube , Pinterest, and Instagram

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments: