https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Monday 12 August 2019

Believe

Hi guys, how is the hols going? I'm busy with my Granddaughter a few days a week so on one of my free days I felt in a mixed media mood,

As some of you know I'm GDT for 
Owned by the lovely Sarah, one of the resins she sent me was this fabulous birdbath fountain, which just screamed to be used on my altered brush, lol

I saw the fabulous mood board on Lindy's Gang and so used the colours,
I got some old brushes off my hubby and so I began by painting the handle with some white Gesso first, I added a couple of layers till it covered the black of the handle, I also painted with Gesso the chipboards and the resin Fountain,
When dry I painted the brush with some watered down Flat Magical Ocean breeze Blue, again I did a couple of light coates, then I dried it with my heat tool, I wound some twine from my stash round the handle and top of the bristles sticking it in place with hot glue,
I used a chip board frame by BlooMar designs on the top of the brush which I had also painted first with the Ocean Breeze Blue, when this glued down in place I adhered the fountain onto the middle section of the brush, I added a layer of Lindys embossing powder on the base section of the fountain leaving parts uncovered to give an aged look, the top I left with the Gesso,

After the fountain set I glued the rest of my embellishments on too,
I added some flowers and metal pieces from my stash, I again used another BlooMar chipboard for the leaves shown at the base of my brush, I painted this with white Gesso first then went over when dry with Magical - Mermaid Seashells in Opal Sea Oats and Magical - Steampunk Sepia,

I used a couple of Dusty Attic Mini Fairies on my brush which after painting with white Gesso I then did a layer of watered down Magical shaker - Oom Pah Pah Pink then went over this with Lindy's embossing powder - Geranium Coral Blush,
I used the same Magical shaker - Oom Pah Pah Pink for the small flower shown under the Finnabair metal flower, 

I used the same steps for the smaller D/A Fairy too,

Well I hope I've shown you how fabulous Sarah's Resins are and how they can be used with mixed media so well,
The resin Shop is on FaceBook and also available at her online shop
Craft All Day, do check out the gorgeous products Sarah sells in her online shop,



Happy Crafting!!!

No comments: