https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 3 August 2019

A Simple Way To Create A Flower Display

Hi guys, I thought I'd show you a fuschia type flower display I've made out of Lady E Design dies and 0.6 Foamiran, the white backs were made out of white Silk Foamiran,
I created the Fuschias using the Flower 6 Poppy dies for the cups of the flowers and the backs were made out of the Leaves 002 dies,
I then made the Leaves out of green 0.6 Foamiran and the Leaves 001 dies,
.....................................................

 I have been previously asked how I add my handmade flowers to display them,

The principle is the same for any holder but this time I used a metal can I had in my stash,


Take your holder of choice and cut down some dry oasis to fit the shape,
Seeing as my tin is round I cut down slivers of the oasis so they fit,
As you can see the oasis doesn't have to fit perfectly or go around on all sides, just have enough to be able to add the stems of the flowers into it,
Take some Sisal in a natural colour and randomly place over the top of the Oasis, then glue down with Hot Glue, take care you don't burn your fingers,

Now for the fun part!!
Take some of the foliage and press it into the Oasis in the middle of the holder, just pressing it down enough should hold it however if you don't think it's held enough you can add some hot glue to the end of the stem first,

Take a flower and add it to the side of the holder, I wanted this one to drape over the tin as it's a fuschais  type flower and this type of flowers naturally can do this,

Continue going round the holder placing the flowers here and there varying the height of the flowers,

I stood some more upright too,
At this stage add some more leaves to help fill in the holder and to see where you would like the rest of the flowers,

You can add more leaves or more flowers to your display as required following the same steps,
you can of course also move the flowers slightly up or down to get the look you wish too,




Leaves 001
Flower 6 Poppy
Leaves 002


Any questions as always just ask,
Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOW, wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunderschön
glg Gertrude

Janette said...

Morning Liz, Oh this is gorgeous, the flowers you make always look so realistic, super pretty.
Have a lovely day.xx

barbscardsmyway.blogspot.com said...

Liz - this is a great tutorial. Thank you for always presenting a great photo class!