https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Foamiran Hydrangea styled flowers on a mixed media project

Hi guys, Have you seen the latest fabulous Dies

  Flower 5 - Hydrangea and Leaf 5 - Vine 
by 
Lady E Designs

They look gorgeous when used with paper and or Foamiran, I showed you some I'd made the other day with white 0.6 Foamiran and today I'm going to show you how I used them with a link to a tutorial I have done showing how I coloured and created them too,


As you can I am in the mood for spring!!! Lol
So I started with a Styrofoam egg which I painted with some white Gesso first, then I used some Powertex mixed with some small art stones, brushing this onto the egg, then I let this dry, then I went over parts of the egg with a watered down blue paint made with Lindys stamp gang Magicals, when dry I went over with a washed down Gesso again, this made the colour subtle but still gave a hint of colour,


Using some more of the Powertex I added some cheesecloth around the middle of the egg, with some cotton threads over the top, again I let this dry,

When dry I painted the cheesecloth and threads with some Finnabair Sparks paint in Unicorns Hair, let dry, I then used some of the Unicorn paint to roughly paint under where the flower display would be too,

I then started on my created Hydrangea flowers, I first cut down the stems off the stamens as close behind to the flower heads as possible,
Taking some sisal in a natural colour I hot glued some to one side of the egg, then arranged my Hydrangea flowers over this alternating the sizes and the colours,


Closer view,


On the top of the egg, I used another latest Lady E design die Leaf 5, this I cut out of some paper then I coloured here and there with some soft pastels,

I cut a few more the same way, then snipped bits off  and placed them here and there among the flowers,




I then finished off the egg with some larger Art Stones and a Air Dry clay bird I made with a mould from my stash, this sits above some twigs which I had collected off some trees when the wind was howling earlier in the year!!! , see recycling!!! Lol

Here is the link to my You tube channel video showing how I created the Hydrangeas,
https://youtu.be/DJtlpRxGoRs

Hope you like it, as always any questions, just ask

Lady E Designs
0.6 Foamiran white - Swedish House crafts

Happy Crafting!!!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Looks amazing Liz, worth all your hard work I'm sure, really beautiful.x