https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Without Change There Would Be No Butterflies

Hi guys, I've got a mixed media creation to show you today which I made by combining them with some of the fabulous products from


I have a little step by step tutorial for you on how I created this,
Take the Gummiapan Large old tag die and cut the tag out of some card board, ( I Used some old Packaging from a delivery)


At the same time die cut the bottom section of the tag again,


Spray both pieces of the tags with some water on the right hand side, then spread it a little with your fingers,

Gently pull back the top layer of the card board so it leaves the corrugated section showing, it is fine to leave patches of the top layer still in place, as shown below,


Do the same for the other piece too,


Paint your card stock tag with a layer of gesso, then when dry add some inks or sprays of your choice, I used some Prima Colour Bloom sprays,


After the sprays are dry I added a little of my handmade structure paste but you can use Grunge paste or similar, dry well, I also added some on the other section too, sorry not shown on the picture below!


When the structure paste was totally dry I stamped up a brick stamp by Gummiapan over the top using some Memento ink pad in Tuxedo Black,
I then added another bit of the sprays here and there,

This shows the structure paste added on the smaller section, on top of which I have stamped another  Gummiapan stamp over the structure paste which I did in the same way as above, I then cut the height of the section down a little,


At this stage I used three colours of the memento ink pads, just gliding them along some of the colour card stock by crafters companion, at this stage you can die cut some more tag sections out of thick card if they need it for extra strength at the back,


Then taking the Gummiapan butterfly stamps in Medium and the large sizes I stamped these over the top, this way each butterfly gets different colours,


Fussy cut them out,



To finish my tag off I used some eyelets from the mixed meadow pack on the bottom of the top section and the top of the lower one, joining both by adding some jump rings through, I then used a Laser Owe Love chipboard piece, keeping it in it's natural state, 
then I glued the butterflies in place,


How it looks on the wall,


Products used:


Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful project such amazing colurs and your butterflies are very special Love and hugs Carole x

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful tag and a lovely design too! Thank you for such an easy to follow tutorial.
Hugs
Gina xx