https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 17 April 2018

One for the Boys

Hi guys, last week I needed to make a card for a 16 year old boy, well what do you do for that you may be wondering, so I put my thinking cap on and made a box card, he thought it was cool so I think he liked it!!, lol


All the elements used for the card came from Swedish House Crafts using some of the fabulous papers by Maja Design and lots of dies from there too,
I made the main base of the box using the Monochrome card in Charcoal, this went fabulously with the Maja Design papers from the Celebration range, ( this goes to show they don't have to be used for ladies creations too)


After cutting down the paper to fit the sides and folded flaps I then started to fill in the middle sections of the box,
I used the same paper range for the Balloons and the Monochrome card for the stars streamers and a couple of candles, the great stars were made using the Doo-Hickey die - Celebration stars, these have solid stars and an outline of one so I mixed and matched these in both design and colour, the candles are a die by Gummiapan, the streamers die  was from a previous Doo hickey box volume 14,


As you can see I added my die cuts on pieces of acetate, fixing some to pieces of foam for added depth too, at the back i used one of the strips from the bottom of the papers as a banner,

On the front I did the same thing with another of the strips from the paper, then added a die cut using some of the number dies by Gummiapan, as well as one of the stars from the Doo Hickey die,


Here I used the cute Alphabet dies again by Gummiapan for his name and this shows the stars fixed together, I achieved this by using both the inner and outer stars just cutting out the shapes in  two sides of the monochrome paper and using them together,


I finished off the other side with a die cut cake again from the Doo Hickey Box volume 14 and one of the stars which I raised up with a foam pad,


I hope you like my card/box why not have ago and if you do show us on our face book page too,


Happy Crafting!!!


1 comment:

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful pop up box I love hte colours you have used so classy love and hugs Carole x