https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Friday 19 June 2015

GDT at Country View Crafts

Hi guys, I'm so honoured to have been asked by the lovely Chris  to be GDT for Country View crafts this month, the theme chosen by the lovely Astrid  is
"Shabby Chic"
As you may know it's one of my favourite things to do!!
I made it with my Sister and Brother - in - laws wedding Anniversary in mind and thankfully she loved it,

I made my card base  17.9 x 12.7, then cut my designer papers 17.5 x 12.3 then 16.5 x 11.9 all distessed on the edges using my distress tool and edged with vintage photo distress ink, I used the wet paper technique to make the pleat effect at the top of the designer paper to show the lace edge behind, the rest of the DP has top stitching on,
I took some torn card board and added white gesso here and there and layered this on top of a doily and bits of cheese cloth for depth, texture and interest,
I then made my layers with a metal Birdcage, twine, flowers, Prima Junkyard zipper, bark heart, acetate butterflies with Tim Holtz alterations pen nibs on top of them covered with Gesso for their bodies,


I also used a organza rose lace, Bark Heart and pearl trim to add the final detail too,

The flowers are from Sweet Lilac and have been given the Gesso treatment too,

Closer view showing the hints of white Gesso,


Full view again, 
 

Items used from The Ribbon Girl
Doily,
Rose organza lace
Bark heart
Twine
Bethany Guipure  lace
Daisy Venise Lace
Top stitch thread

I wish to thank Chris and the team again at Country View Crafts for the honour of having me as a GDT,

Challenges
ABC - L is for Lace
Card Mania - Use a metal embellishment
The Shabby Tea Room - Sweet Summer
Deep Ocean - Monochrome
In the pink - Summer
Frilly and Funky - Summer


11 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

beautiful card Liz, no wonder they loved it! Mary x

Marjorie said...

Wow!! This is beautiful Liz...
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Sue said...

Liz, this is a beautiful card. There is so much to look at and everywhere you look there is another really pretty detail. I love those beautiful butterflies. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creation with us this week at In The Pink.
Sue...xxx

Nikki Stalker said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the dies and embellishments. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Unknown said...

Ooohhh so pretty! Gessoing really works brilliantly too.

Unknown said...

This is Gorgeous!!! Love it!

Diane said...

Stunning and gorgeous...I can see why she loved it! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Sweet Summer" challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

scrapfantazje said...

Beautiful card, so many details!
Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges and good luck !
Marzena DT

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card and such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges. Cheers, Carol DT

Cec said...

So pretty and so shabby. Love the pen nib for the butterfly body and all your summery flowers. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Tracey said...

Stunning Shabby Card....Thank you for sharing it with us in The Shabby Tea Room :)