https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Friday 11 January 2019

Beside The Sea

Hi guys, are you ready for a little bit of Spring or Summer, I love it when the days are warmer and you can enjoy outdoors,
I've seen a few mood boards with some fabulous colours and textures, and these are what I have interpreted from them,


As you know I love to try something new, and so here is my latest mixed media project, I only have bits and bobs for mixed media as I'm fairly new to it so I started with a embroidery hoop which I added some twine too, I got some inspiration off the internet for this idea with the twine, but sorry I can't remember who's) then I added some texture paste around the frame and some on the twine too, when dry I painted them with some  impasto acrylic paints,

I tore some designer papers up then layered them to give a waves affect, and glued these at the base of the project behind the hoop,


On one side of the twine I glued some forest moss, again after the glue set I added a hint of the same paint colours, this gave a good base for the shells to be adhered too,


I added some chip boards to my scene, the lighthouse, seagull and fishing net are by laserowe love and came from Swedish House Crafts,
I painted the chipboard light house and net with white Gesso, when Dry I added some frantage, then went over again on the lighthouse with a thin layer of gesso on the main part and some sparks paints on the other,


 the other chipboards are the drift wood which are by Dusty Attic,


For the driftwood after the white Gesso dried, I added a little vintage photo distress ink, here and there, as I wanted it too look like it had a washed look, onto this I added some art stones in two sizes, some more shells and a few pieces of the fabby dried roots by 13 Arts, I love these!!!

The seagull had white Gesso then texture paste on the main body, white Gesso again then the distress ink on the legs and beak,

I finished it off with lots more art stones, dried roots and finally a bit of white Gesso dabbed here and there including the frame and twine for added interest,

PS: it look fab on the wall, a hint of the lovely weather to come, Lol



Challenges:
January 2019 Mood Board

January Challenge

Happy Crafting!!!

9 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is gorgeous

ValerieOuelletScrapbooking said...

wowwww wonderful piece! Thank you for playing along with us at Dusty Attic Challenge!

Shona said...

awesome love all the texture. Thanks for playing with us at 13Arts :)

Jenny said...

Breathtaking piece! Thank you for playing with us at Dusty Attic :)

Patricia said...

A lovely project! So happy to see you playing along with us here at the Dusty Attic this month!

Christine D. said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for your participation in the 13 arts challenge 🙂

Kareen Dion said...

Gorgeous work!!Thank you for joining us at the 13@rts challenge!

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Beautiful sea themed project. Thank you for joining us at 13arts.

Águeda said...

Es un trabajo realmente precioso.
La idea del bastidor con cuerdas me ha encantado, me parece muy original que le viene muy a la decoración.
Felicidades por ello.
Besos y feliz fin de semana!!!