https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 24 May 2020

Our 40th Wedding Anniversary

Hi guys, I thought I'd show you a card I made for my hubbies 40th Wedding Anniversary card,


Yes we've been married 40 years!!!!!!!! I mean what!! lol

So as you know I can do fluff but you can't really do that with a mans card can you?
He's got the layers and distress look though,

So the card is made with smooth white card stock which I then covered around the edges with distress ink on the front, randomly letting it have stronger depth of colour in some places then others,
I used quite a few products by Lisa Horton on it too,
Taking a smaller piece of card stock I did the same thing, but after colouring it I added some vintage photo on the edges then distressed over that with my distress tool, (scissors can work for this too)

I glued this in place on my card,
Using the fabulous postcard effect stamp from the edge stamp set by Lisa Horton I stamped it three times onto smooth card stock, then I roughly tore all the way around them, it doesn't matter there not perfectly even on each one or the same size when torn, add some vintage photo distress ink around the edges to give a vintage look, (40 years vintage get it!!)

I then popped the three together simply gluing them in the middle and staggering the layers as shown,
when dry I wrapped some rustic looking twine around them and tied it with a loose knot and bow, I then glued these in place on my card too,

I took one of the fabulous stamps from the Textures stamp set and added some texture look without needing to add height around the outer edges of the postcards and along the outer edges of the card, some going off the card so you only see a hint, these I stamped using the vintage photo distress ink again, it helps keep the theme and vintage look, I also used the same ink for the Celebrate text  from the In the loop stamp set, which again I just randomly stamped here and there,


Onto the postcard section, which I fab as it is I wanted to add a little more layering which as you know is more me, so I took one of the grey board hearts again by Lisa and coloured the top with some red from a copic pen, this coloured fab without needing to add Gesso first, when dry I added some stamping with another of the textures stamps again in the vintage photo D/I, I Glued this in place then took on of Lisa's greyboard keys which I had again coloured with a copic pen and glued this over the top of the heart,

I finished off the card with the number 40 cut out with the numbers dies again by Lisa, using the same texture stamp as on the heart, again I also lightly distressed the edges,


Well I hope he likes his card, we're having a take away tonight, no fancy meal out or holiday, thanks to  Covid again!!Lol


Lisa's products can be found at
https://thatcraftplace.co.uk/
or on Create and Craft TV

Catch up soon, 
Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:

Rita said...

WoW, Congratulations Liz. It is indeed a long time. Your hubbys card is fantastic and I love how you've explained how it was done. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

Carole Pollard said...

Great design love the vintag3 feel love and hugs Carole x

Janette said...

Just wanted to wish you both happy anniversary Liz, wow thats a big one, well done, love the card you made its perfectly 'manly' haha..xx