https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Music Is Good For The Soul

Hi guys, I recently received the Magnolia DooHickey Box Vol 19 from 
This magazine is based on a music theme,
Using the largest die in the Magazine I made a Grand Piano,


I die cut the shape once out of the card stock I wanted to use, then cut the keys part out of a piece of white then black card stock, these I placed every other colour to get the look,

Taking the main die cut I cut another one out of the main card stock but I placed the die with the keyboard section hanging off the card stock, so it was just the top section which was cut out and so that the top section could be opened up, I achieved this by making a hinge out of Card stock by cutting a strip of card stock then scored it in the middle which I then glued one half underneath the top on the left hand side and the other on the base of the piano


I wanted the Piano to be a stand alone project, so I made a mock box section underneath then glued some pearl string around some of the edges,
I added some music die cuts which came with the magazine for on the top of the lid then used some leaf die cuts  from my stash  on the front edge,


I handmade some Foamiran flowers for inside the Piano with another couple of the leaf die cuts,


I made this type of flower using the 5 flower dies by Gummiapan, (not included in the Magazine)

Products used from SHC:

Gummiapan -  flower  5 dies

Challenges:
All about Magnolia - Anything but a card

VOL. 19 GIVEAWAY

Open only for SHC Facebook group members. 
If you are not a member yet, why not join our little new group here to enter the giveaway...


Happy Crafting!!!





3 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

stunning work love this creation
hugs Kate xx

Gina's Cards said...

Oh WOW, this is stunning Liz, I love the piano! The die cuts, flowers and pearls finish if off perfectly.
Hugs
Gina xx

Sol said...

Beautiful Colours!! Beautiful Creation. May I ask what was the early bird on the no. 19 DooHickey kit?