https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 25 September 2014

A place called home

Hi guys, I did an altered art Clock the other day and loved doing it so much I decided to do another one, this time I wanted to do a nature one as I had picked up a set of these gorgeous birds and wanted to use one of them,
I thought this clock roughly looked like the sketch on Dusty Attic too so sort of followed that too,
not sure if it's allowed but hope so!!! 

I've also done a little tutorial on how i did this,

I started off with another of those fabulous Alterations clocks but this time took off the glass front, as i wanted my nest to be inside and wanted some of it to be spilling out for a 3D look, I gave the inside and outside of the clock two layers of gesso and did the same on the Dusty Attic skeleton clock, DA- Flourish, Birdhouse and T/H Alterations Gadget gears, these I again die cut in to some cardboard  packaging as it gives fab depth to a project,
in the end I only used one of the foliage pieces and two of the gears, but they will be used some time in the future I'm sure lol,

While the gesso was drying i cut a couple of Cheery Lynn flourish dies out of grunge board and then adhered them onto the clock, tucking them into the curves of the clock sides so it would almost give the illusion of stenciling, 


For the inside back  of the clock I added a circle of Maga design paper from the Vintage Autumn basics range XI and added a little chalk ink on the outer edges, I took my DA - skeleton clock
which I had painted with two colours of  Luminarte Silks on top of the Gesso and stuck this on top of the paper slightly off centre lenghwise so the nest wouldn't hide to much of it!
I stuck some metal clock hands from my stash and added a pearl in the center,

Next I took my gadget gears and trimmed them down to size by placing them roughly where I wanted them to be and then sticking them in place with 3D foam pads and glue,
place the back onto the clock at this stage,
shown here, make sure at this stage you have the clock in the correct place ie straight as in this picture I hadn't done so lol,
I made the nest by placing strips of Burlap to build up the bottom then I placed some real  dried twigs from my garden which i had painted here and there with a little gesso, to give some body to the nest, when i had placed them where I liked I drizzled a thin layer of glue over them and left them to dry,
When dry I added some Spanish moss over the top of the twigs and glued my bird in place, I placed a few bits of the moss around the bird and had some coming out of the clock too, 
I then attached my Dusty Attic foliage piece which i had covered with my Silks in Emporers Gold then i went over in some places with a little pastel brown chalk ink by Ingvild Bolme from Prima, I wanted a little colour but not to take take too much attention off the rest of the clock, on the other side I added a pearl trim to soften the look,
I added some gorgeous flowers from Sweet Lilac, a Dusty Attic Birdhouse which i coloured with Luminarte Silk Emporer Gold and added a pearl trim in a similar colour from Live and Love crafts,
To finish off my clock I added a little of the Emporers Gold silks on the  leaves of the die cut and added some gold effect wax with my finger on to the stem and also here and there on the clock to give a slightly aged look,

Both sides were done similar, I made this clock for my living room and I can also see the sides form where I sit so I wanted the clock to have added detail from that view too,
Birds eye view again!!!!

Challenges:
Simon says stamp - anything goes
Chocolate Baroque - colour challenge
Crafting for all seasons - colours of Autumn
Deep Ocean - Use at least one flower
Bloom girl challenge - inspirational picture
Dusty Attic - fab sketch


Well i hope you like my creation and may be inspired to have a go yourself, if you do let me know lol

Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

14 comments:

Sarah - Crea S said...

You have my compliments Liz! I really love this clock too :) Beautiful with the natural colors. And I love what you did with those flourishes on the side of the clock. You wouldn't say they weren't there at first :) Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Carol S. said...

Wow Liz! Love this clock. So detailed beautifully on all sides. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Fab project Liz; the flourishes look like they've always been part of the clock. Lovely steampunk-feel on the inside. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC again this month. Have a great weekend!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Gina's Cards said...

OMG Liz this is another amazing project!Totally love it!
Hugs
Gina x

Teresa Kline said...

hi Liz! how amazing is this? WOW, super stunning...nicely done! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Liz. Looooove everything about it. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge. xx

Beth Brovold said...

OH WOW Liz!! This is simply FABULOUS...I love this clock and your first...two different looks but equally GORGEOUS!!! Where did you get the clock??? I would so love to tackle one of these!!
Take care,
Beth

coops said...

oh wow this is fantastic liz.i love all the amazing details and textures and the bird is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Vicky Alberto said...

sooo creative

Anonymous said...

Great Autumn projekt great Colours and Design.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Heather McMahon said...

Oh this is soooo gorgeous!

judith@poppy cottage said...

A beautiful project, I particularly like the scrolls on the outside of the clock, giving the texture. Really lovely. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

Unknown said...

This looks fabulous!! Beautiful use of the DA-chippies!

Heather Jacob said...

two words .. beyond spectacular x