https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Friday 19 October 2018

Open every Door

Hi guys, I thought I'd show you a mixed media display I've made using stuff in my stash along with some Dusty Attic chip boards, as you know I'm in a mixed media mood at the minute and who I am to fight it!!!, lol

Of course me being me had to make something rather hard to photograph, but hey your used to that aren't you? lol
I used 3 embroidery hoops in various sizes then managed to get some canvas on a roll which apparently they may not do anymore, still I had enough for this right!


So my main frame is around 12" I think, and i used the hoop the other way as I thought the door by Dusty Attic looked fab sat inside the hoop rather than on the top, if you get what I mean, so after taking my Prima sprays I added a little stenciling with some home made paste, then coloured some Dusty Attic bricks with white Gesso, a layer of texture sand then some acrylic paint to finish them off,
I painted the door with white Gesso then again used my sprays but before they dried I wiped a little of the ink off with a wet wipe, then when dry I added some crackle paste here and there, then another thin layer of the spray put on with a brush over the paste, I fixed a piece of the 49 and Market paper behind he open works at the top, I then found a metal piece in my stash and fixed it on with 3D Gel,

I fussy cut out some flowers from a piece of 49 and Market paper, from the sweet Reflections collection, so love these and the paper is a fabulous quality too, I added these on both sides of the door which I had raised up with 3D foam pads and then glued it onto the canvas again with the 3D gel, when dry I added the heart tree embellishment to finish it off,


I went for a trip to a craft shop the other weekend ( quite a trip) lol and near the fabulous shop was some grass, on the grass were some trees were a few branches had fallen off, I picked a few up and brought them home and ta da ths is one of them which I've left in its natural state, just simply adding some paper flowers on the top,
The butterfly came off a laser cut sheet off the 49 and Market papers,

This is a Dusty Attic piece which i coloured with white Gesso, then a layer of texture sand and then used a cosmic shimmer granite paste which really made it look like stone, I added some cheesecloth, moss and layered up flowers including one of the 49 and Market paper ones and a clock face from a Maj Design paper, then a butterfly which I cut out of a strip from my stash,
The background was sprayed first with the inks then I used a stencil with some silver paste for the trailing leaves, I later added a bit of the lilac and greys to tie it more in with the other two, ( see main photo)


I again used the sprays by Prima, but this time I wanted to make a feature of the cheesecloth, so i kept it on show and as loose as possible, I then added another Dusty Attic chip board piece on the top, this I coloured with white Gesso dabbing it on with my brush so it gave a little texture, then i again used a fabric flower and another of the die cut ones, as before I then gave the middle of these some texture with some micro beads, I finished the embellishment off with a butterfly from the same paper pack,
Full view again,

Challenges:
October 2018 Mood Board
I used the wood, door, scene, blues, nature, outside,

Any questions feel free to ask!!
Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

That's amazing the design and colours are stunning a very special project love and hugs Carole x

ValerieOuelletScrapbooking said...

Really beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Dusty Attic challenge!