https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 11 August 2018

The Dusty Attic

Hi guys, I've been having a play with the August Mood Board for Dusty Attic, have you seen it?
well it's gorgeous colours just up my street with lots of scope for ideas too,
So here is my project for it,


I created an exploding box with one of the gorgeous Dusty Attic french windows on the front, this I first painted with white Gesso then with some chalk paint from my stash, when this was dry I applied some crackle paint over the top to give the allusion of gae and vintage,


On the base of the window I added some of my own handmade Foamiran flowers in toning colours as the Mood Board, Are you Window shopping? Lol


Well here is the inside, I used papers by Maja Design for the walls, distressing the edges with Vintge Photo distress ink then my distress tool which gives a aged feel too,


I took the adorable Elegant frame and removed the middle piece, coloured the frame with the white Gesso then the same colours of acrylic paint as the window and again applied crackle paint over the top, when dry I adhered a piece of mirri Board to the back to act as an antique Mirror,
The Dusty Attic clock on the left I colourd with some old effect wax from my stash then fixed it onto a metal frame in similar colours,


The Mood Board had suitcases on it so I hand made one using papers in the colours, Fixed a metal handle on the front then draped some lacy fabric over the top to tie in too, I then used some scissors, doily and more of my flowers which all fit with the Mood Board,


To finish off my box I added some tags on a banner with the name The Dusty Attic on which is the name of my vintage themed shop Lol,



My Grand daughter has her eye on this to take home, I had to catch it quick or else I'd have no photo's he he

So here is the Dusty Attic - August Mood Board
August 2018 Mood Board
So I used flowers, thread, buttons, scissors, colours, vintage, suitcase, Lace

On the Lid of my box I used a couple more of my hand made flowers plus a Dusty Attic foliage which I left in its original colour,




Challenges:

Happy Crafting!!


2 comments:

Carol S. said...

A beautiful project and love the colours and embellies. Hugs, Carol S.xx

ValerieOuelletScrapbooking said...

Fantastic! Thank you so much for playing with us at Dusty Attic challenge! xx