https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 16 December 2017

Altered Christmas Lantern with Christmas Rose Tutorial

Hi guys, it's my turn today for some inspiration for
14 Craft Bar
So  I thought I'd show you a Lantern I altered, 
I bought this metal lantern from a local store just crying out to be altered with some Foamiran flowers and foliage, all links below


So I started out by adding some gesso in white painted here and there, then onto the top section I added some cheesecloth and some sisal, on the lower sides I added some tiny foam balls from my stash,


I created all the flowers for the top section using various Foamiran, stamens, leaves and stencils,


I made the Poinsettias out of the fabulous  Red Foamiran using the awesome Stencil 06, I also cut the Holly Leaves out with this stencil too,


As you can see I also made a few Christmas Roses too, these I made using he stencil 01 with white Foamiran,
......................................................................................
Christmas Rose Tutorial:
You will need:
Foamiran of your choice, stamens, mold, stamens, copics or other colouring medium, skewer and an Iron not shown

Place your stencil on to the Foamiran and draw around the flower with a skewer or similar, I used the smallest size on the stencil,


After you've drawn round the flower shape, cut it out with some scissors,


At this stage I coloured the centre with a copic pen, you can of course use the medium of  your choice,


On the reverse of the flower, take one petal at a time an hold it against your iron ( which is set on silk) for a couple of seconds,
Take this directly to your mold, mine's from my stash but I know 14 craft Bar has similar in store,


Repeat this process for every petal till all petals have a pattern on them,


I then added three of the stamens glued together at the base and adhered them in the centre of the flower, you can of course use any stamens of your choice,

.................................................................................
I also made some Mistletoe with some Air Dry clay from my stash and some Brown Foamiran on the ends, I then hand cut the leaves, Agnes has some Air Dry for sale in her store now too,


As you can see here I also added some chunky glitter to the ends of the stamens on the Christmas Roses to finish them off,

Inbetween the flowers I used some of the fabulous leaves available at 14 Craft bar too,


I then finished off my Lantern with a bird embellishment from my stash,


Full view again,


Products used:






Hope I've given you some inspiration,
Happy Crafting!!!



2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fabulous

barbscardsmyway.blogspot.com said...

This is beautiful and what a wonderful idea. You have me thinking!

Thanks so much for sharing.