https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 20 September 2014

Masculine it is

Hi guys, it's time again for a new challenge over at we do doobadoo and the challenge is 
Something Masculine,

it came at a good time for me as it's my Brother-in-Laws Birthday this week so hope he's not peeping!! lol
I've used some of the fabby paper art DD products and the brick stencil too, can't seem to get enough of stenciling at the moment!
the paper is by Maja design and I've distressed the edges  and the middle section too, he will probably look at that and say what's that about as did my hubby when I showed him, fellas just don't get artistic licence do they??? he he
I used some of the fabby gears in the middle section and aged them with a hint of snowtex,
The gears I also used on the bottom section in the middle of my wheels/cogs,these started out as a die used on a packing box again, I wanted an aged look on these too so I used a scourer, distress inks and gesso to get the effect, if you would like a tutorial on this effect I may do one soon, shout if you would like one!
The Kraft DD paper art fence was done in a similar way too,
I cut my sissix died leaves out of the  cardboard box again, so love the way this gives things depth and added some of my Luminarte silks on top, love these they shine fabulously,
The bird on the right is one of the soft board birds and the left one is a paper art one, both have been painted with the Silks too,
For the brick work I used my stencil with grunge paste then when dry added some chalks on the top here and there for a rustic look again,

The top of my card has one of my all time favourite clocks by Maja design, peeking out from behind the distressed edges and I made a couple of tree branches again from the packaging and added gesso here and there,
I finished off with a sentiment stamp by Stempelglede and some twine from my stash,

DD Recipe:
 brick stencil- 470.715.002
Paper art Birds - 472.948.024
Softboard birds/birdhouses - 472.309.005
Paper art Gears - 479.002.001
Paper art Kraft fence - 479.002.005
Mask Art - A5 - BricksLaser Paper Art - A5 - wit - BirdsLaser Paper Art - A5 - Kraft - GearsDutch Doobadoo - Laser Paper Art - Kraft FencesCardboard Art - A5 - Birds

Thanks for visiting my blog today,
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

5 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! what a gorgeous make Liz, love all the pretty details.

Donna x

Carol S. said...

Stunning card, Love all the textures and brilliant design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lou Sims said...

Adore all your layers, tecture and embellies you have added Liz. Stunning card and I am sure your B-i-L will adore it too x x x

Claire said...

Gorgeous Liz, love all the details. I bet it took ages but well worth it
Claire x

coops said...

so stunning liz.i love the fab detailing and cogs and your colours are fabulous ;D

xx coops xx