https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 28 June 2014

Welcome to your new home

Hi guys, I'm back today with our latest challenge for we do doobadoo which is 
pins and pearls,
I've made this display for my Daughter and her hubby who are moving into their new home soon, we will be helping them with a few jobs which need doing first like painting and decorating etc so I made their card now lol,

As you know Kay's not into overly fussy or fancy so I've tried to keep it fussy free well for me at least!!!
Some of the DD products were in my latest DT package and were fab timing for what i needed to make,
I cut the house shape out of card stock and Maja Design paper from Live and love crafts then using another of the DD templates adapted the window and the door, I used the window template but left a border round, I didn't want a perfect look to the border so it kept in with the shabby chic theme, I stained the frame with distress ink here and there and add acetate behind with a small piece of another Maja design paper behind that,
the brick effect is made with a new soft board as is the roof design, all links below,

Closer view of soft board and window, to finish off the roof and to add some pearl detail I added a couple of paper art butterfly and a pearl flourish for their tails,

At the bottom of the display is one of the new paper art fences  and in front are a couple of the paper art flowers, as you can see there are a couple of pearls on here too,  the tree is a la la la crafts die and i added pearls on this also for blossom, 
the DD paper art keys I slightly edged with distress ink in vintage photo,
For the front garden of the house I used a  DD brick stencil with grunge paste for texture and detail, I should have heat dried this as it made my card  base wobble lol,
here too you can see the pins  I got from Live and Love crafts,used with my flowers from Sweet Lilac, Tilda with Ice and on the road Tilda are coloured with my copics then fussy cut out,  too these I have then added a strip or two of acetate behind to make them stand up,
Closer view of brick stencil,
Dutch Doobadoo Dutch Mask Art A5 BricksDutch Doobadoo Dutch Paper Art A5 ButterfliesDutch Doobadoo Dutch Paper Art A5 KeysEnglish Doobadoo - A5 Paper Art - Borders
English Doobadoo - Card Art - PillowSoftboard Art - HoneycombDutch Doobadoo Dutch Paper Art A5 Flower PotsDutch Doobadoo Dutch Softboard Art Bricks

All above items are available at Polka Doodles or here

Hope you will join us in the fun, remember you don't need to use DD products to enter but if you have any we do love to see what you have made with them,

Challenges
Crafty Calendar challenge - pearls and petals
Magnolia Forever - 2 or more characters
Deep ocean - favourite colour combo/ blues, browns/ pinks
Tilda's Town - The great outdoors
Marvelous magnolia - anything goes
Fussy and Fancy - Summertime
Sweet lilac - Summer holiday
Dutch Magnolia challenge - anything but a card

Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

17 comments:

Susy said...

Totally amazing, Liz!

HUGS SUSY

valou said...

Très joli montage ...merci pour ta participation sur magnolia forever!
bisous,Valou b

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning creation Liz, a real feast for the eyes hun.

Donna x

Céline said...

so gorgeous project !
thanks for playing with us at marvelous magnolia
hugs
céline

Beth Brovold said...

FABULOUS Liz!!! I so love the 3D projects and yours is simply STUNNING!!!! I'm sure that you Daughter will just LOVE it...so much wonderful detail!!! I see that you are joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our "Summer" challenge...thank you for sharing with us!!!
Take care,
Beth

Jo Rice said...

What a gorgeous project Liz, and the flowers are just the perfect embellishment ....thanks for joining us with the Sweet Lilac Challenge again...hugs. Jo. X

Theresa said...

what a gorgeous card! i'm sure your daughter will be thrilled by it. and those sweet lilac flowers finish it off beautifully. Thanks for entering challenge and good luck, Theresa x

Gina's Cards said...

OMG what an amazing creation Liz - I love everything about it and I am sure your daughter will treasure it.
Hugs
Gina x

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning project, thank you for joining us over Sweet Lilac this month.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Wow! amazing, I love your wonderful design. Thanks for joining with us at Magnolia Forever challenge.
Hugs Betty

Donna said...

Wow!!! This is a stunning project with gorgeous detail and so very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia.
Hugs, Donna xx

Mindful craft said...

Great project Liz, really lovely.
Thank you for joining the Sweet Lilac challenge this month
Good Luck
Karen (DT) xx

Laura said...

Wow! Such beautiful details and coloring. This will be a cherished gift. Thank you for joining our Tilda's Town challenge this week. I hope you can join our new challenge that starts tomorrow.

Big Hugs,
Laura C.

Åsalill said...

What a stunning project. I love the design and all the fine details. Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda´s Town this week.
Hugs Åsalill

Joe Shien Shien said...

wow, stunning creation! Lovely scene, wonderful coloring. Thank you for joining Tilda's Town this week.
hugs, shien shien

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Ohh I love your sweet little house Liz.
Beautiful decorated. So mucht to see also.
Thank you for joining us at DML and good luck!!
Hugs Marianne

Vannessa said...

This is absolutely stunning - love all the details you added to it. Thanks for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this fortnight.

Hugs, Vannessa
F & F DT