https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Box Tutorial

Hi Peeps,

Some of you have asked how I do my boxes that I have shown recently on my blog, well I have tried to show you in this following tutorial, it consists of quite a few pictures so you might want to make a cuppa first lol,

Step one, 

One~ 27x27 cm, piece of card                                                                                                                                                                        

One~ 15.2 cm, piece of patterned card

One 12.8x12.8 piece of coordinating card

one 8.5x8.5cm, piece of Acetate,

Double sided tape, cutting tool or scissors and a ruler, scalloped and circle nesties,

 

P1010890

Step One, score the 27 x 27 cm piece of card at 9cm and 18cm, rotate your card a  quarter turn and repeat,

P1010905

I’ve used a separate piece of card to hopefully show you the score and cut lines, red and green lines cuts pencil lines scoring, using a cutting tool or craft knife cut on opposing score lines to where to where the score lines meet, then turn your card a quarter turn and cut at 5cm and 22 cm as shown by the green lines,

P1010891

This is how it should look when all the cuts have been made.

Notch flaps by cutting a small triangle section from each side, add double sided tape to flaps as shown,

Fold all scored lines and stick the flaps to the inside to create the box,

P1010894

 

P1010897

This completes my box I hope you can make sense of it and have a go, hugs Liz xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you hun, you made us a tutorial. This is fantastic Liz, and one I can't wait to try, thank you so much for taking the time to make it, your a star!!!
x
Vicky

coldwaters2 said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial Liz I have bookmarked it so I can have a go I am in need of a good looking box.
Hugs
Lorraine x