https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Monday 18 June 2018

June - The Swedish house Crafts Celebration Continues!!!

Hi guys, I'm here today to show you fantastic 3D chipboard Bird House by Laserowe Love which I got from Swedish House Crafts, as you know I love Chipboards!!!!
Suha has some gorgeous chipboards in her online store and they can be altered many ways, on this post I'm going to show you how I decorated mine with a photo tutorial,


This is my finished Bird House, I wanted some added interest and soft colouring so I added some more chip board, stenciling, stamping and a few of my Hand made Foamiran flowers too,

Tutorial:


Take all the pieces but the scalloped roof edges out of the packaging carefully, cutting the little tabs holding them in place.


I chose to use Distress Inks for my chipboard in three colours, using a large brush I made circular movement to add some Scattered straw randomly here and there on each piece.


Here it's hard to see but I softened it with some Antique Linen distress ink, using my brush the same way.


Here I have also added some Peeled paint distress ink too, you can go over as many times as you like till you get the desired look you wish, but try to keep the colours separate.


On the Base I only coloured the outer edges, leaving the very center uncoloured as you will not see this part when the Bird House is attached on top.


Colour the roof sections in the same way, then cut them out of their base pieces, this way the delicate lines of the chip board don't get damaged when colouring them and it's easier to do too.


When I'd finished colouring the pieces I wanted to add a little interest to some of the sections of the Bird House so I took a Gummiapan bricks stamp and a Versa Mark pad then randomly stamped onto the sections of the house where I wanted it, then I added some white embossing powder over the top, shook off the excess then heat dried it with my heat tool, ( try to do this quickly and if the chipboard warps a little, place it upside down under a heavy book for a while, it will straighten the chip board out again,)


This is the effect your after.


To give added interest on the side panels I took a mask I had in my stash and stenciled some structure paste through.


Take the mask off carefully and let it air dry.


For the chipboard heart that came with the Bird House I simply dabbed some of the structure paste onto it with  a foam dauber, this creates texture,

This is the assembled Bird House onto which I have added a couple of  Laserowe Bricks here and there too, these I kept in their natural colour.


As you can see the bricks have interest, with out adding too much depth, I love the effect the dabbed structure paste on the heart gives.


Here's another closer view of the Brick effect,


I wanted some Hand made Foamiran flowers on my Bird House so I cut some flower shapes out using a Gummiapan flower die again from Swedish house Crafts, onto the cut shapes I added some Memento ink, I added the colour by using a slightly damp wet wipe, this helped spread the quick drying ink and softened the colour slightly too, I then went over with a darker colour on the edges of the petals using the same technique. 


After colouring them I scrunched and twisted each petal in turn on the edges only to get the above effect. I then made a hole in the middle of each flower and added some stamens through, gluing them in place behind the flower.


I used some feathers from my stash then this cute Bird, which I hot glued onto the perch, then when fully dry I added some of the Foamiran flowers along the side of the Heart. I then used another couple of different Foamiran flowers underneath the Bird too.


I finished the base of my Bird House off with some more feathers, Foamiran flowers and another piece of Laserowe Love chipboard too, this I coloured in with some of the Peeled paint Distress ink,


I decorated the roof sections by randomly placing a Jute Die cut by Magnolia here and there, some cheesecloth and  natural fibers randomly placed over this, then some more Hand made Foamiran flowers glued on top too.


This is the other side view, I love how nature is wild and untamed and that's the look I was after for the roof of my Bird Box.


This is the view as seen from above, I really hope I've inspired you to have a go yourself, if you do let me know and I will take a look,

products used:

Laserowe Love Chipboard - Easter Twigs ( yes they can be used for more then Easter)

Talking of which as you may already know we are Celebrating our one year Anniversary of being on Suha's fabulous Swedish house Crafts Design Team, Suha wants you all to join us in the celebration by linking any creations of yours if you wish to show us, if you love Foamiran as I do you can leave us a link with your makes for those as well, we will then come and take a look at your work and leave some love!!! go to the link below for more details

 #1specianityLink up your make for June Celebration to be seen..




If you haven't already, we're looking forward to seeing you join us in the fun!!!
Happy Crafting!!!

4 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Wow this is superb what an amazing design such perfect detail. Thank you for sharing the tutorial as well Love and hugs Carole x

Wendy L said...

Love everything about this, love the foamiran flowers, all gorgeous. xxx

Yulia said...

A wonderful house for birds! Thanks from Laserove Love!)

Bets Bits said...

Thank you for sharing, beautiful x