https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Orchid style Foamiran flowers

Hi guys, i thought I'd show you today a few Foamiran Orchid style flowers I have been having a play with, I love to play about with some of my dies and see what I can come up with, lol

I used the three petal die from the Rosy Dot Heart Flowers die to make them and a scalloped circle  1" die,
below is a small tutorial on how I made them,

I have missed a few stages out because I think by now you all know how to cut out the foam, see my other tutorial if you wish to check it out though, lol so anyway using  four layers of Foamiran folded over and the three petal die, place through your die cutting machine and do the same for the scalloped circle die, I then coloured them both with some Victorian Velvet distress ink,

I then took a distress ink pen in Tea Dye and drew some lines and dots from the center of the scalloped circle dies only , as shown below
Then take a medium sized ball tool and a foam mat and press down in the centre of the scalloped circles as shown below,


Take the three petaled flowers and fold the petals together, then roll and scrunch in your hands and between your fingers, till they look like these above, you need two of the three petaled flowers and one scalloped circle for each Orchid style flower,


Gently spread the petal out again using your fingers in the middle of the petals trying not to touch the tops of the petals too much,
on one of the three petaled flowers carefully tear off one of the petals, leaving two as shown above,


Take your glue gun and layer the two petaled flower on top of the three petal, keeping the torn edge facing down, stagger the petals as shown, don't worry about the torn edge as it doesn't show when you glue on the  scalloped circle on top, sorry forgot to take a photo of this stage!! grr

when set, make a hole in the middle of the circle and add some stamens of your choice,

Hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial and have a play with your dies too, 
Happy Crafting!!!



4 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful flowers Liz and a fab tutorial!
Hugs
Gina xx

Annette said...

These are GORGEOUS

Janette said...

Very realistic and so pretty Liz..x

Ann said...

These are lovely Sis clever you
Hugs xxx