https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Happy Easter easel card, with altered egg tutorial

Hi guys, I wanted to make Tegan a Easter decoration that would hold a packet of small Easter eggs too, so I came up with an Easel box Easter card,
I used these adorable Magnolia Tilda's  Tilda with willow branch and Tilda with dotted boots, both are coloured with my distress re-inkers then fussy cut out,
I made the easel card box then layered up the background papers using the latest
 Sofiera collection  and also some Vintage spring from Maja Design which I got off Tracy at Noor Design Uk,

I distressed the paper edges and added a little vintage photo distress ink too, I then layered a fabulous Fantasy die - Magic Lace here and there, on the front piece I added a chicken wire die by Magnolia,

In front of that I added half an egg which started off as clear plastic, I will show you a small tutorial below on how I altered this, anyway back to the egg, once altered and after fixing them to the base with hot glue, I added some cheesecloth inside to soften and to give Tilda something to sit on, lol
I added some seam binding that I bought from Tracy on the end of the egg too,
I fixed Tilda with dotted boots by gluing some tiny strips of bent paper (shaped like a L) behind each leg and on the base of the box, so that she stood upright, then I covered up the strips with some feathers from my stash,

This is the drawer open for the edible eggs, lol 

Egg tutorial:
Take a clear plastic egg, I bought mine from The Range,then using one half and some torn up tissue paper, adhere the strips to the egg with some slap it on or Modge podge,

I went over the egg a little at a time first painting the slap it on on the egg then adding the pieces one at a time,

don't try to make it flat, the scrunched look is what your after, go over the tissue you've just added with a little more slap it on the repeat with some more pieces till all the inside and outside is covered,
leave to dry, 
sorry I've forgotten to take a picture of the finished egg, but hopefully I  think you get what it should look like when finished,
You can then of course paint it or decorate it in anyway you wish,
I painted mine with a little Antique Linen distress ink, on the outside only, but the colour way still shows through,

You may have noticed some Daffodil style flowers on my creation too, these I  made out of Foamiran and I have a tutorial on these too, which I will pop on my blog later this week, ( Friday)
See you soon,

Challenges
All about Magnolia - All about spring/Easter
Magnolia-licious - Anything goes with Metal
Marvelous Magnolia - Flowers
Simply Magnolia - Ribbon
Midweek Magnolias - Inspirational photoboard
Deep Ocean - Easter

Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

12 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh now this is fabulous Liz! Love the egg and thanks for the tutorial, and oh my! Daffodils from Foamiran! Brilliant! Judy x

Gina's Cards said...

OMG Tegan will love it!! You have put so much into it and it's absolutely beautiful from the Tildas to the perfect design!
Hugs
Gina xx

Eulanda said...

Awww Liz I LOVE this!!! Super cute, lots of work but it turned out beautifully!! Great coloring too. Hugs!

Ally said...

wow, Liz, this is a wonderful Easel Box card and I love both Tildas on it! Cool idea with the egg!
xoxo, Ally

Gina's Cards said...

Hi Liz, just popping in m=with my DT hat! Your creation is outstanding! I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing with us at the Marvelous Magnolia good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Jay said...

Oh this is soo beautiful Liz, love it all, from your amazing design, gorgeous embellishments and your stunning Tildas! Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial with us.
Thank you for sharing your creativity with us too at Marvelous Magnolia!!!
Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

Suzi Mac said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation Liz, love your tutorial and of course you Tilda's are coloured beautifully as always. Thank you for coming over to play with us at Magnolia-licious challenge. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Plony said...

Ohhhhhhh....wowwwwww......Lizzzzz......This is gorgeous....fantastic....such a amazing creation. So much to see and...to learn too....Thanx for all of this inspiration.
Also thanx for joining us at Simply Magnolia.....we love this kind of creations.
xxx Plony

Kirsty said...

Hi what an awesome idea just adore your Tilda's an inspiration too us all thank you for joining us in The Midweek Magnolias Challenge ;0)

Julie P said...

Beautifully coloured and designed, just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at The Midweek Magnolia challenge xo Julie P

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Beautifull Thank you for joining us at Simply Magnolia

laurigami said...

Fantastic creation. Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia challenge. Hugs
Laurigami