https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 8 December 2018

Foamiran Roses A hint of spring on a Winters day

Hi guys, I've had a change for making Christmas stuff so I thought I'd show you some Roses I've created in 0.6 Foamiran and using the fabulous Lady E Designs die 003 and Leaves die 001

I used Silk Suite foam which I coloured with some Gallery oil pastel - Deep Madder along the petal edges, 


I created various sizes of flowers including buds, as you can see some are more open then others,
I used 0.6 Foamiran for the Calyx's again coloured with the oil pastel,

I took some 0.6 green Foamiran for the leaves and die cut them out, then heated them for a few seconds against a warm iron and placed them straight away onto a mould, I have previous video's showing this step on my tutorials section at the top of my blog if you wish to see it,
after getting the veins on the leaves I went over the leaves with again the same oil pastel, which gives the leaves a different look from being left in their green colour, then I added some wire to the leaf bases,


I had a go at making the bud effects under my flower heads with some air dry clay, then I wrapped some floral tape over the top, this I then coloured with some more of the oil pastel, see how different the colour looks depending on what you've used it,


I also added some thorns with hot glue here and there, think I need to practice or get a new glue gun!!! lol


I made these roses to go in a display, so I kept the stems longer, 


I'm thinking of adding some more leaves or something around the base though, not sure!! hmm decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!
as it is I just added some dry oasis in my plant pot,stuck the flowers and leaves in where I wanted them and added some dried moss over the top,

I will be back soon with more Christmas creations,LOL
Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Liz, I couldn't resist dragging myself over here to look how fabulous these are, I mean just perfection, you nailed this stuff from the start Liz, hope your keeping well...xxx

Ella's Design said...

This is just fabulous, Liz! Your flowers are beautifully realistic and make a lovely arrangement...well done you! Hugs, Lisa x

Ann said...

These are lovely Sis bring on spring lol. Love the trees as well c u soon Hugs xxxxx

Gina's Cards said...

WOW Liz, the flowers are amazing and so life like - you have a real talent for making them.
Hugs
Gina xx