https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 18 November 2018

Another one for the Men

hi, if you saw my other post about the Mens cards I need to make you will see I have kept to a similar theme but still they are different,
I have made this for a man who's 17, hmm man or boy? anyway grown up!!! (debatable) Lol
So this time I have made him a gift envelope card with a tiny twist, well more on that in a minute!!!


I've seen they have a fabulous mood board over at 13Arts and I thought hey why not have a go!! I mean you have to try right?
So I've distressed and layered up the papers from the Vintage Summer collection, yep the summer collection for Christmas yeah!!! love it when you can use them for more then one thing, he he
Behind the first base layer I added a piece of seam binding,


I die cut a star shape from one of the papers, coloured the edge with vintage photo distress ink then distressed the edges with a distress tool you can use scissors too, under the star is a craft wire which I have made into a circle twice then I secured it to the card with hot glue, peeking out over the top of this and under the star is some 13Arts dried roots, love this stuff!!!
I then glued a sliced dried piece of orange and layered a die cut Deer over the top,


As you can see I also added a piece of cinnamon behind the star, and I gave the kraft wire a bit of added interest by wrapping it around itself a few times, I think it gives it a kinda rope effect, then behind this is a metal star which is from my stash, and some twine wrapped around the papers too,


Inside I made a box section for a chocolate bar etc, after all what 17 year old doesn't love chocolate?
( Template from my lovely friend Irene, thanks hun,) 

So for the twist!!

Now you may also have noticed the money!!, well he couldn't just have chocolate could he?!! so on the piece of 13Arts paper before I fixed it down I cut a couple of slices near the edges of where the note would go so that it held the money in place,




When the money is removed (probably very quickly) lol there is room to have your written message, 

"like don't spend it all on chocolate he he" or more likely a Christmas verse, if I'm not feeling naughty!!! hmm which will it be?  I wonder if Santas's listening!!! Lol


On the top of the box, I simply added a die cut stags head, well do you think he'll look past the money and the chocolate? I don't think so lol 

As you can see this is where the seam binding is also attached for the envelope to be closed together,

So here is the second of many cards for the men in my life, not a flower in sight!!! sob Lol


Challenges



6 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Love this very grown up I need to make some of these as the boys are getting older and cute is becoming not cool. I might have to have a try for my son as for practise next

Lia said...

Liz, this is amazing! I did not expect the 'surprise' on the inside!
Lia xx

Shona said...

I love your card...thanks for playing with us at 13 ARts :)

Bellaidea said...

What a lovely card, thank you for joining 13arts challenge in November!

Kareen Dion said...

Your card is so perfect, I love it!!! Thanks for playing with us at 13@rts!

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at 13arts