https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 25 September 2018

A Dabble At Doing A Mixed Media Canvas

Hi guys, are you like me and like to play with something different at times? I am in the mood for mixed media at the moment, not doing this all the time means I only have what I have in my stash but I really enjoyed playing!!! Lol


So I started with a deep edged  canvas and added some sprays from my stash, I wanted the clock effect to stand out so I kept the background paler, I added a little detail with out depth by spraying a bit of the Prima spray directly onto a sodden scrunched up kitchen roll piece then lightly dabbed it here and there on the canvas, including the sides,


When dry I placed the Dusty Attic Skeleton clock chipboard roughly were it would be fixed then I knew where to place the text, so after removing the clock chipboard I made the text out of a stencil and  some texture sand paste because guess what, all my other pastes had dried up and died!!!!!!!!!!! I mean what! don't you know I want to create!!!!!!! Lol anyway the paste I used wasn't as bright as I really wanted so after drying I placed the stencil back over the top and dabbed some  white ink over the top with dabber, this worked better then the paste and finished up being a subtle colour,

I went over the clock with some white gesso, then when dry with some crackle paste, I added a little script stamping here and there too, then when this dried I added a little diluted acrylic paint here and there,


I glued the chipboard Clock in place on the canvas and while there was some space I took a texture stamp in my stash and some grey ink from a memento ink pad and stamped the pattern here and there too, if you look closely you can hopefully see it and the paint effect made the kitchen roll I described before,
Taking one of the smaller Skeleton Clock faces I painted this with some brown acrylic paint this time leaving the chipboard without the crackle paste, I then added some metal embellishments in my stash,
these I added some texture sand to in places then when dry went over with some white Gesso, acrylic paint and some waxes, keeping in with the colours,


While these set I took the adorable Dusty Attic Bearded Iris and again added some of the texture sand on the flower head only, when dry I coloured the heads with a couple of colours of some matt chalk effect paint I have,


then in the centre of the petals I used some Frantage  and heat set this,


I simply painted the stems with more acrylic paint then glued them in place over the smaller clock and metal embellishments, I love how these peek out from behind the main flowers,


I finished the base of the flowers off with some more Dusty Attic Chipboard and some Art Stones,


On top of these I added a metal butterfly from my stash, I deliberately kept this as it came, I also added one on the other side to balance the look,


It looked a little bare on the corners of the canvas but I still wanted the clock effect to be the main eye focal  point, so I added a couple of Dusty Attic corner scrolls #2, these I again painted with some acrylic paint from my stash, but as with the paste It started running out so I had to really dilute it,  but by doing this the colours became subtle and helped take the focal point off them, I then went over the Dusty Attic Foliage leaf with the same paints to blend it all in,

Well you girls who do Mixed Media perfectly are probably cringing now, but I had fun and didn't let the fact that my stash is low, dying or dead!!! put me off and I quite like the effect it finished up with, Lol
Sheen Douglass stamp
 Prima 3D Matte Gel ( fixed the media onto the canvas with)
Prima - Art Stones
Decoart - Texture Sand
Prima colour bloom mists
Deco art- Acrylic paints
Silk paints
Prima  white Gesso
Dusty Attic -
 Foliage
Skeleton Clocks
Bearded iris
TCW - Mini stencil
Metal embellishments - stash
Frantage and aged copper waxes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Liz this is one amazing project and I love everything about it.
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxxx

Gina's Cards said...

This is beautiful Liz! I love the stencil and the design and colours are absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful this is just amazing so much fabulous detail Love and hugs Carole x