https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 18 December 2016

Santa Claus is coming to town

Hi guys, I've been playing with some mixed media again and a fabulous Santa's Sleigh from Creative Expressions which I have decorated,
I started off by painting all the pieces on both sides with white Gesso, when this dried I took a couple of stencils and grunge paste, I used a Tando Creative one on the sleigh and a Tim Holtz festive one on the deers, when dry I went over the top of the stenciling with a little distress ink using a damp wet wipe,
I made up the sleigh and the deers, ready to begin decorating the outside,
On the back of the sleigh I used some of the In the forest winter wonderland kit from Tracy at Noor Design UK, an enamel dot, shabby white larch cones, a shabby sprig, and the snowflake charm, which twinkles beautifully in real life, I then also added some Pomegranate apples, beaded stamens, moss and natural twigs, then a handmade Poinsettia with Foamiran and some stamens in my stash,
I used a Magnolia image from an older collection, painted with my distress re-inkers then fussy cut out, I added liquid applique for the fur, on the base of the sleigh I added some Dutch Doobadoo structure paste peaking it here and there for added interest,
I had already stenciled both sides of the sleigh pieces and I have left the inside of the larger one quite plain as I want to use the inner section for some sweets, so taking a lollipop stick and some  fabulous text from a paper by Studio Light, I cut out the text strips, then  adhered them onto the stick, when dry I added some structure paste here and there for a snow effect, a crystal effect snowflake which I had bought last year from Asda finishing it off,
Inside Side view 

I next decorated the deers, on this side I again used some of the larch cones and some of the  beaded stamens,
On the outer neck area, I tied some vintage seam binding bought from Tracy at Noor design UK, bells from the kit and a handmade smaller Foamiran flower,
On the inside of the deer I added some white twine as reins then a little of some gorgeous lace that was in the Yuletide kit again from Tracy, 
I decorated a gorgeous chipboard snowflake which I got from Monika at Love to craft and Create which I have added glamour dust over the top,
then I finished this section off with some Pomegrate apples, moss, fir cones and natural flowers, then  another wooden reindeer shape from my stash,
I then added a handmade Poinsettia again made with Foamiran, plus a cinnamon stick from the latest kit too,
I glued the white twine to the sleigh then added some more of the natural flowers and a couple of bells on the end of the twine,
Close up of the outside view
Full view again, 👀
Well as you can see it was a lot of work, but it looks fabulous, so much better then in the photo's!! lol
Well, I will be back before the big day, so i hope to see you later too,
Happy Crafting!!

Noor Design UK - Sparkle
Magnolia-licious - Anything goes
Lovely hanglar or sweet Magnolia - Anything goes
Marvelous Magnolia - Anything goes Christmas

11 comments:

Ann said...

This is gorgeous it would look lovely on my table !!!
Hugs
Ann xx

Janette said...

Stunning creation Liz, love what you've done....just in case I don't get back, hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year...xx

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Beautiful Liz.
xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

WOW Liz! You sure have excelled! Beautiful creations, a lot of work but so worth it! Merry Christmas to you too and a Happy New year. Judy x

Gina's Cards said...

WOW Liz, this is super stunning!! The stenciling is gorgeous and I love all the fabulous embellishments, it really is a work of art.
Hugs
Gina xx

Plony said...

Ahwwwwww.....Lizzzzzzz......It's not possible to see everything you did with this beautiful creation. There's only 1 option....you have to come to Holland and show me everything....lol....O my...wouldn't that be great.
But........Thanx for joining us at Noor Design UK and LHOSM......you are fantastic.
xxx Plony

Beth Brovold said...

Holly Smokers Liz this is GORGEOUS!! What a fabulous design...everything is so beautifully done...WOW!!! Wishing you and yours a most wonderful Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!
Take care,
Beth

Beth Brovold said...

Back again Liz...this time with my DT hat on! Thank you so much for sharing this work of art with us at Lovely hanglar or Sweet Magnolia...good luck and hope that you'll play along with us in the New Year!!
Take care,
Beth

Eulanda said...

WOW WOW WOW! That is just amazing!!! It's one of those things you could see something new every time you looked at it. My kinda project. LOL!! Great job!

Unknown said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Liz! So much beautiful detail!
Lucy x

Eulanda said...

Hey guess what? I'm back with my Noor DT hat of commenting but this is so funny cuz I already did!! That's ok tho - it's worth 2 comments. SO STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Noor! Design UK "Sparkle" challenge. Happy New Year to you and yours! Hugs!