Pages

My Lovely Friends

Monday, 2 August 2010

1st Dt post for DCD blog,

Hi peeps, over at Die Cut Dreams we have a new challenge for you and it's to use gingham on your creations, I first thought of baby things but then couldn't get strawberry jam out of my head lol so this is what I've done,
Challenges, WOC~ Lace,   One stop craft~ Patterns,   Creative Inspirations~ Anything goes,   Cute card Thursdat~ Text,   The Pink Elephant~ Something Yummy,

I've used a Magnolia Tilda, cut her out, cut out another pinny added lace underneath and stuck the pinny on top, the rather pale strawberries under the lace on the left were made using shrinkles but as you can see my colour needed to be stronger lol, the recipe is printed on my computer and edged with Distress ink, cut out with a nestie and layered onto a piece of red cardstock, the other paper is Magnolia,

I also decided to use a jar of jam for my project too, and the same lace  has been used, I made a wrap out of the Magnolia strawberry paper, layered a smaller nestie on top and added another Tilda image,

 Jim's back at work today so after a lot of catching up to do I will hopefully be back on here to see if there are any more challenges I can enter,

It actually hasn't rained today so we went out and just happened to end up at a craft shop, well a girls got to do what a girls got to do hasn't she lol,

I'm off now to bring my washing in haven't been able to that for over three weeks, how small things make me happy lol,

See you soon, 




24 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Liz

Wow really fabulous card, love the lace added to the apron.

Hugs Ali x

Miria said...

Hi, Liz. These creations are adorable! I like red and I'm a real fan of gingham, maybe I could give this challenge a try, even if more busy than usually. My mother ( 85 years old ) will be with us for a couple of weeks and I'll have to look after her a bit ... and ironing stuff is piling on! Hugs. Miria

Nicola said...

Stunning projects Liz, I love the lace under Tilda´s pinny and the glitter is gorgeous. Fabulous colouring as always and such pretty lace and floral detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Vanja said...

Wow, these are just beautiful! fabulous papers and I love the lace.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week. :)
Hugs, Vanja

debby4000 said...

This is so gorgeous Liz.
luv
Debby

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Liz
I just love your card the colours, tilda, lace, and your Jar just finishes it off nicely.
Chris x

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Too cute! Very yummy!

Tracy said...

I adore red gingham and I adore this creation liz. Totally gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Christine said...

Hi Liz love this awesome debut creation..very creative to use the jam receipe gorgeous Tilda..

Hugs Christine xx

Chris said...

I love this! you've given me some ideas to make my Mum's recipes book.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Liz this is so very beautiful!
So much scrummy detail and I love your pretty lace!
The template I use is watermark Liz give that a go.
hugs
kim x

Mandy said...

Oh hun these are stunning, way to go girl making such fabulous projects for your first DCD DT.
I will email you tomoz hun
love n hugs Mandy xx

Cor* said...

Oh this is a darling set. The coloring of dear Tilda is fabulous! Great card and embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations for this fortnight challenge.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous DT projects Liz - absolutely love them. The colours are gorgeous, and the 3-d pinny with the added lace is a brilliant idea. Had a little chuckle at your unexpected visit to the craft shop - sounds familiar!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

gina g said...

Wow this ids gorgeous Liz, congrats on your DT post. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely brilliant Liz firstly I love the colours, secondly I adore that Tilda and the idea of putting lace under her pinny and the jam jar with Tilda on looks fabulous I am so loving this.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

Beautiful - love the recipe idea. Hugs Sarah,x

Chrissie said...

The use of gingham is just perfect for this project!
Just fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining us at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

Debs said...

Simply stunning!
Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.
Take care
Debs xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Liz this is drop dead gorgeous.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Carrie said...

Simply stunning...it's made me want jam on my toast this morning lol..

Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Sarah said...

Hi Liz, I'm Back from my wee hol's so catching up chum on comments.
These are absolutely stunning Liz just beautiful creations and what a fabulous 1st DT post gorgeous work
Hugs
Sarah xx

Bev said...

Fabulous card with amazing detail. Thanks for joining WOC this week x

Janie Printz said...

What WONDERFUL cards you make ... I love this little Tilda with the spoon & am soooooooo loving what you did with her ... Just too darn cute as is the little one on the jam ...
Hugs, Janie